Backache Home Remedies (Back Pain)
A very common ailment, which has troubled man-kind since ages and continues to be a cause worry and uneasiness in his life style in present era also. Back ache, lower back pain (LBP) or lumbago is a discomfort in lower back region which may vary as mild to severe pain. The intensity of main varies from individual to individual. It may be insidious and takes form of chronic form or there me a sudden type of attack and hence called as acute form. The acute form of pain occurs suddenly where as the pain which lasted more than three to four months may be categorized in chronic type of pain. It has been seen that lumbago is commonly occurring in young individuals whose work involves physical daring’s and in older people who get this pain due to weakening of body or due to certain pathology in body. In younger people this problem occurs due to sprains and postural defects but in cases above 40 years it has been caused by degenerative changes that occur in body. In such cases the intervertebral spaces in the vertebral coloumn decreases or the gaps are increased thus there is curvature deformity or the flexibility among the vertebral bones decreases causing pain and tenderness. It is a very common problem among pregnant ladies due to stretching of ligaments around the uterus thus creating a undue pressure on the lower back.
Following are the factors which are responsible for lower back pain
- Strain on back
- Undue pressure o back causing straining of the ligaments
- Injury to the musculature of the back region
- Lifting of heavy weights.
- Disc prolepses
- Slip dics
- Certain diseases like arthritis, obesity, tuberculosis, dysmenorrhea, bone tumors, osteoporosis etc. is also considered as the culprits in causing back pain.
- Overnight soaked wheat along with half the quantity of cuscus grass which is commonly known as khus-khus is mixed with half the quantity of coriander. All these are mixed and boiled milk taken 4 times as the quantity of as that of wheat. When the milk is left two third of its original quantity. It is taken off and then consumed. It works as analgesic thus relives pain and also improves digestion in the body.
- Back pain can be administered by taking equal quantity of cuscus grass mixed with sugar. This mixture is then consumed twice daily with the dosage of 5 grams with warm milk.
- Consume warm water mixed with one tablespoon of honey to get rid of back ache.
- Regular exercise and brisk walk keeps our spine muscle strong that helps in over all strengthening of our whole vertebral coloumn.
- Always be careful on the surface you sleep as it can be the major cause of your back ache. Try to sleep on not very hard and not very cozy bed so that your spine does get proper rest.
- Avoid direct bending for picking any thing from the ground instead bend your knees and then pick up the object to save our spine from undue pressure.
- Sedentary life style should be avoided. If you possess an sitting job then always try to stretch you whole body at a gap to 45 to 60 minutes.
- Don’t sit in one posture for long and avoid well cushioned seats.
- people suffering from strained back should rest on plain and stiff mattress with folded knee at right angles
- Infrared radiations followed by hot fomentation and then alternate sponging helps in giving instant relief from pains.
- Massage the stained area with castor oil, which helps in giving good relief from the trouble of back pain and inflammation
- Shed those extra kilos around your tummy so as to relief you’re back from bearing extra pressure.
Certain yoga asana are very beneficial in relieving from back pains . these are:
- Bhujang asana
- Shalabh asana
- Hala asana
- Uttarpad asana
- Shabva asana .
Some mild stretching for your healthy back
- Lay down strait on the firm floor and slowly raise your both legs upwards, till the point you are comfortable and hold your breathe for some time and then slowly and gradually come back to the initial position. One thing you should be very careful that if you feel pain while doing this, stop doing it immediately and relax.
- Lay on your back and your hands are positioned slightly away from your body. Put your feet together. Do some deep breathing and try to relax and concentrate on your lower back for a minute. Now carefully and slowly start turning your feet in right and simultaneously your head to left side. Hold in the position that does not cause pain, take few deep breathes and the slowly come back to the original position. Reverse the whole activity. Perform this exercise 10 times a side. Again you should be very careful that if you feel pain while doing this, stop doing it immediately and relax.