Mascara is applied on the eyelashes after you apply eye shadow and the eyeliner. Mascara is used on the eyelashes, as it makes the eyelashes look thicker and fuller. But you will need to take great care while applying the mascara or else your earlier efforts of putting eyeliner and the eye shadow will go waste. In case you have enough practice of applying mascara, then you can directly apply the mascara on the upper eyelashes from one corner to another corner of the eye. But in case you are not comfortable with applying mascara, then apply the mascara only on the outer two-third of the upper lashes.
What you should keep in mind before applying Mascara?
- Your mascara should be thin enough, or else it will not spread on your eyelashes. For this reason throw the mascara tube in case the mascara has become thick and buy new one.
- To make the lashes look prettier make sure to coat the lashes two to three times.
- If by mistake the mascara enters in your eyes, then wash your eyes immediately with water.
- Replace your mascara after every four months as after that it gets dried up.
- If you have recently got any kind of contagious disease of the eyes, then throw your used mascara and buy new mascara or the germs will re-enter your eyes form the wand.
- Don’t share your mascara with others, as this also can cause eye infections.
- If you don’t have a mirror to look into while applying the mascara, don’t apply the mascara.
- Keep on practicing applying mascara, as it will soon make you expert at it.
- Never go to bed with mascara applied on your eyes. Remove the makeup and then only go to bed.
How to apply Mascara correctly?
- You can select either black mascara or brown mascara, as per your wish. You will get a curved brush along with it to apply the mascara. With this curved brush apply the mascara to the eyelashes without touching the eyeshadow that you have already applied. Apply the first coat and wait for some time. Then apply the second coat and wait for some time and then apply the third and the final coat, if you feel the need to do so.
- After applying the first coat of the mascara, in case any of the mascara falls on your face, remove it gently with a tissue paper. Make sure to throw this used tissue in the dustbin. To avoid getting into this situation make sure to apply mascara gently without making any hurry.
- You should apply the mascara from the root of the lashes to the tip of the lashes. Make sure that you touch all the hairs on your eyelash from the root to the tip. For this you can wiggle your brush back and forth slowly while moving the brush form the root to the tip of the lashes.
- With the help of the lash comb, separate the wet lashes so as to make each hair appear separate on your lashes. For the second and the third coat of the mascara, repeat the same procedure.