Herbs For Oily Skin
Oily skin is considered to be the most problematic skin as it makes your skin look dull, shiny and thick. But there are certain benefits like you will not get aging signs like wrinkles and fine lines too soon. Oily skin has large pores and under major risk of skin blemishes and acnes. Blackheads can also be present on the oily skin. In people with oily skin the sebaceous glands are very active and this leads to producing more oil. There are certain herbs for oily skin treatment but before knowing them it is better to know the causes behind having oily skin.
Oily skin can be caused due to various factors like heredity, diet, cosmetics, birth control pills, weather conditions, pregnancy and hormone levels. Hormone secretion is more during teenagers and hence it is one of the phases were most people have to face oily skin. But it doesn't mean that it will not happen to older people. As you grow in age, the skin becomes more and more dry. During menopause and pregnancy the sebaceous glands are very active and this also leads to oily skin. Some people have combination skin type where only certain parts of their skin are oily. Taking care of oily skin is a big task but with the help of herbs for oily skin, you will not find it too hard.
Make sure not to use skincare products that are not meant for oily skin. In oily skincare products too avoid those products, which are made from harmful chemicals. You are required to use oil based skincare products, as they will clean your skin effectively without shrinking your skin. In order to cope with the shining caused by the oily skin, you can use oil-free moisturizers. In order to limit the oil secretion by your skin, wash your face only two to three times. Your cleansers should not contain harsh chemicals. But make use of good cleansers or mild soaps to keep your skin clean. Here is the list of some herbs for oily skin.
Herbs for oily skin -
- Lavender – Lavender is very effective for oily skincare. Wash your skin with lavender water many times in a day. This will keep your skin clean and limit the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera has medicinal properties and is used in many beauty products. You can apply aloe Vera gel on your skin to keep it less oily.
- Lemongrass – You can use lemongrass in preparing facial sauna for you. Add about two to four tablespoon of dried lemongrass herbs in two quarts of water. Allow it to boil and take the steam emerging form it on your face by holding a towel above your head. Hold ti for about 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water. You can make use of the same herbal water to clean your face by storing it in some bottle.
- Witch hazel – Applying witch hazel on your skin will soak the extra oil form your skin.
- Chamomile, oat straw and thyme – All these herbs are also effective in the skincare of oily skin.