Sun Care Tips
When it comes to taking care of your skin, you cannot avoid the one important care and that is the sun care. If you want to have healthy skin irrespective on weather conditions then you must protect your skin form harsh sunrays. The ultra violet rays are very dangerous for skin, as they can lead to premature aging, sunburns and other skin issues. It is not necessary that only if you are in prolonged contact of the sun you will get sunburns, as it can happen from short and repeated encounters to sun also.
Sun care - Precautions to avoid getting affected by sun rays.
- Apply sunscreen lotion before 30 minutes of stepping out of the house and wear hats to prevent your head and face from sunrays. Do this even if you are going to be out only for some time. This will ensure that your skin doesn't get affected with the ultra violet radiations. You might be thinking that sunrays are the best source of vitamin D, and then why not take it. But the early morning sunrays that are not too harsh are good source of vitamin D. Otherwise it can only damage your skin.
- Make sure to put the hats on your babies and kids too. Make sure that the hat has proper slant downwards so that your eyes also get the sun protection. Wear sunglasses in case your hat doesn’t have the downward slant.
- In winter also the sunrays can damage your skin. Hence make sure the above two precautions you follow during winter too.
- If you are panning to take part in winter sports then make sure that you have applied good amount of sunscreen lotion on your skin, as the sunrays can damage your skin more when it gets reflected from the snow.
- Whenever you do makeup, make sure that you apply sunscreen lotion before starting with the rest of your makeup. Apply moisturizer, foundation, powder and blush only after applying sunscreen lotion. There are makeup products like foundation, which include sunscreen lotion. Hence you can choose such foundations to be sure that you apply sun protection before going out of the house.
- Many times you forget to apply sunscreen lotion on the backside of your neck. The result of it is having dark color neck from the backside. It looks very bad too. Your skin needs overall protection and hence just don’t focus on keeping the front part of your skin in good health.
- Avoid going to tanning booths, as they can speed up the aging signs on your skin. These booths emit ultra violet ray radiations and are equally dangerous for the skin as the actual sunrays. Hence the proper Suncare means saying no to such tanning booths.
- You should also go for regular dermatology checkups, to ensure that your skin is in good health. This will also be helpful in detecting the skin cancer on time, if you have it. Make sure that you take proper sun care and keep yourself well hydrated to avoid the skin from becoming dry and dull.