Home remedies for body odor
Body odor is the term referred to any kind of disagreeable smell linked with an individual’s body. The state that causes body odor is hyperhydrosis. Perspiration is the part of the cooling mechanism of body. Water on the skin’s surface disperses and gives a cooling sensation to the body. Perspiration or sweat does not cause odor but the bacteria that gets build up on the skin releases un-pleasant smelling odors. The body odor is strongly linked with the release from our sweat glands. The armpits and genitals perspire more in contrast to any other parts of the body. The use of deodorants worsens the condition as it has various toxic chemicals and products of heavy metals like aluminum. The sweat glands are accountable for the elimination of toxic matter from the body.
Causes of Body Odor
There are various causes that can lead to body odor
- Any prolonged and chronic disease
- Use of drugs
- Certain foods and beverages
- Menopause in women
- Over secretion of hormones
Home Remedies for Body Odor
- Take half liter of wheat grass juice or 2 capsules of it every day empty stomach with a glass of water. The chlorophyll in wheat grass will surely help in reducing the body odor and is natural body odor remedy.
- Application of baking soda or calcium bi carbonate to the armpits and feet will also helps in minimizing the foul body odor and is an excellent home remedy for body odor.
- Use alcohol or white vinegar to wash the armpits is another good and effective home remedy.
- Put some drops of rose water in the bath tub before taking bath. No deodorant is requisite after the bath. This is a very straightforward and one of the best effective home remedies for body odor.
- Apple cider vinegar reduces the pH of the skin and eradicates armpit odor when used in place of deodorant.
- It’s always better to take three showers a day in summers when sweating and perspiration is more.
- Take Juice from about two dozen radishes and add one fourth tea spoon of glycerin to it and put in a spray top bottle. Use this as an under arm deodorant. This is also helpful home remedy for body odor.
- Instead of using deodorant use talcum powder in the areas with high perspiration and sweating.
- Tea tree is an anti-bacterial herb. Make a deodorant by mixing 2 drops of the essential oil and one ounce of water.
- In 30 millimeter of water put 10 drops of the essential oil and apply this on the underarms to reduce body odor. This is another effectual home remedy for body odor.
- Place some white vinegar on a cotton ball and apply to the under arms or the area affected. The vinegar smell disappears in minutes and you should be smell free whole day. This body odor remedy is considered as one of the best home remedies for body odor.
- Turnip juice decreases under arm odor for up to 10 hours. Grate a turnip; compress the grated pieces and rub the juice on the armpits. It will help in making you smell free.
- Drinking a cup of sage tea every day will decrease the activity of sweat glands and eventually will minimize the odor and acts as natural remedy for body odor.
- Merge tomato juice with fresh sage leaves and apply on the area for 10 minutes before bathing. This is another Good Home Remedy for Body Odor.