Common Cold Home Remedies
Common cold refers of the viral infection, infecting the upper respiratory tract. You will be surprised to know that it is the world’s most common disease. In a technical or medical term it refers to the inflammation of the upper respiratory tract. The disease last for about 3 to 10 days depending upon the immunity of an individual. Every age group is susceptible to its infection but it is more commonly prevail in school going children. Generally nostrils are the most involved body part but other parts like bronchial tubes, ears and sinuses can also get affected depending upon the rigorortiy of the infectious condition.
Most commonly, common cold is caused by viral infection. It has been seen that there are almost 200 types of different virus that affects the person causing influenza (common cold). Rhino virus is the most common of all the viruses that infect causing viral infection. Other commonly seen viruses are Para influenza and syncytial virus. its also seen that over exposure to cold climatic conditioned also aggravates common cold.
- Lime juice mixed with a glass full of warm water and a spoon of honey is a good remedy against common cold and other upper respiratory tract infection.
- Consumption of soup enriched by garlic is a wonderful remedy of getting rid of common cold.
- A mixture of onion juice and garlic juice consumed by diluting it in warm water helps in solving influenza problem.
- Consumption of ginger tea several times a day is very beneficial for treating common cold.
- consumption of haldi (turmeric powder) mixed with warm sweetened milk helps in treating any kind of allergy and influence
- Stream inhalation is very beneficial in common cold
- Hot fomentations over chest and head cold are a good remedial method of getting rid of common cold.
- Boil 5 to 10 black pepper with equal quantity of sugar cubes in about 300 grams of water until one forth of water is left. Consume this hot, thrice a day for resolving the common cold problem.
- 10 grams of Sprague is taken in a clean cloth and is then tie all the ends of the cloth. Now heat this cloth in a container and sniff this. It helps in relieving the nasal congestion and blockage.
- Lemon slice is added to the large jug container 2 table spoon of barley. Now add boiling water to it. Cover the jug and leave it undisturbed over night. Next morning the residue is collected and consumed. It is very effective remedy in treating common cold.