Triphala Herbal Supplements
Triphala is the most popular herbal formula prepared in India and practiced widely in the Ayurvedic medicine. Triphala is highly beneficial to the human body, and its main benefit is that it supports the strength of the human body. Triphala can clean the toxins accumulated in the body without producing any changes in the resources of the body. So due to this reason, triphala is one of the most valuable herbal preparation in the world.
Triphala - What is it actually?
Etymologically, triphala is derived from two Sanskrit roots - tri meaning 'three' and phala means 'fruits'. Thus, triphala is a mixture of three fruits. These are:-
Amalaki or Amala (Emblica officinalis - Indian Gooseberry)
Bibhitaki or Behera ( Terminalia belerica - Belleric Myrobalan)
Haritaki or Harada ( Terminalia chebula - Chebulic Myroblan)
- Amalaki or Amala : Amala defies diseases and enhances longevity. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, so it acts as a powerful antioxidant. It can also nourish skin, blood and whole body.
- Bibhitaki or Behera : Behera that cleanses nutritive fluids, blood and the muscle and the fat tissues. It has heating qualities that cleanse clogged channels in the body.
- Haritaki or Harada : Harada is good for eyesight and digestive system. It is quickly absorbed by the body and it cleanses all the channels in the body, promoting bowel movement.
Due to high vitamin content, triphala is often used as food supplement like vitamins. Triphala is considered as a formula that balances and revitalize the effects of three constitutional elements that govern the human life:
- Vata , which regulates the functioning of the nervous system
- Pitta , which looks after the metabolic processes occurring in the body
- Kapha , which maintains the structure and composition of the body
One of the most common problems among many individuals is constipation and irregular bowel movement, which leads to poor digestion, improper liver function, less vitality and even less optimism and poor outlook and quality of life. Triphala functions as local demulcent but is more of lubricant that nourishes the body.
Scientific research and many individuals experiences demonstrates that triphala is effective blood purifier that stimulates bile secretion as it detoxifies liver, helps in digestion and assimilation, reduces serum cholesterol and lipid levels throughout the body. As a result it is regarded as universal remedy and is most prescribed herbal formula.
Triphala - The Health Benefits
- Very effective in treating cancers and tumors.
- It corrects constipation
- Cleanses and tones the gastro intestinal tract
- Causes detoxification of the body and improves digestion and assimilation
- Reduces blood pressure, hypertension and improves blood circulation
- It helps in curing the viral infections and leukemia. It acts as anti bacterial and is a powerful antioxidant
- It is helpful during liver disorders, acts as expectorant and cures diverticulosis
- As a treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Ulcerative colitis.
- Helps in expelling stones from urinary tracts
- Acts as a natural colon cleanser
- Relieves in constipation
- It is a strong rejuvenator of the body especially for vision especially in treatment of cataracts, glaucoma and conjunctivitis
- Helps in reducing the lipid levels in the body
- Highly anti inflammatory, antiviral and stimulates bile flow
- Helpful for losing weight and reducing fat
- It increases the radiation tolerance
- Is promotes growth of tissues
- Act as anti-stress agent
- It is also believed that triphala is responsible for promoting wisdom.