We all must take care of our teeth and mouth, as we are social creatures and like to talk to people, smile with people and have a good laugh on various occasions. If our teeth and mouth is not well taken care of, then all these things will not be worthy at all. People will avoid us and say bad things about us to others. Teeth are our lifelong companions and we must take good care of them, so as to have them in good condition till the last breath.
There is no age for dental care and it is something that none of us can ignore. Many people think that if they brush their teeth twice a day, then it is enough. But that is not at all true. Dental care just doesn't just mean brushing the teeth twice a day. There are various diseases that can occur in teeth and gums if proper care is not taken. Hence it is necessary for us to know in what way we can take proper dental care to have that million-dollar smile.
If we brush our teeth twice in a day, once after getting up and once again before going to sleep, then we reduce the chances of accumulation of bacteria on the teeth. Also flossing the teeth will remove any unwanted food particles that may be stuck in between the teeth. Thus, in short, there will be no risk of cavities. Brushing and flossing teeth are the two main things that are in our hands to protect tooth decay. In case cavities happen, it will be the dentist’s responsibility to take care of the problem.
One more very important thing about dental care is taking care of gums, so that we don’t get any kind of gum diseases. When the plaque starts building across the gum line, gum diseases can happen. This further leads to infection and makes the gums tender and sometimes the gums even start bleeding. The bleeding gum in medical terms is called as gingivitis. This condition can be controlled with regular brushing and flossing. In certain cases only a dentist can give proper treatment for any other kind of gum diseases.
Here are list of things that you can do to take proper dental care:
- With any fluoride toothpaste brush your teeth twice in a day.
- Flossing is also must and should be done at least once in a day.
- Regular dentist checkups are must. Once in every six months dental cleaning should be done.
- You will have to stop smoking, as it increases your chances of getting gum diseases.
- You should always use toothbrush with soft-bristles.
- There is no need to apply hard pressure on the brush while brushing your teeth. Brush your teeth in circular motion and brush your gum line too.
- Tongue is also an important part of dental care. To keep tongue clean you should clean your tongue after every meal.
- You must change your toothbrush after every three months. Also after brushing your teeth, keep toothbrush in such place where the toothbrush will remain dry.