Headache can occur to anyone of any age and any sex. Many people know how it feels to get headache and even hate the thought of suffering from headache. Headache is not considered as serious condition and many people avoid going to doctor and take medicines on their own. Even children suffer from headaches and the main causes behind child headaches are lack of sleep, too much stress of exams, lots of eye strain due to some much of homework, etc. When their children get affected with headaches many parents don’t know, whether giving them painkillers will be good or not.
Hence if your child is suffering from headache then rather than trying home remedies or giving them painkillers it is best to consult the doctor and take medicines suggested by them. Child headache is not a harmful condition but it can indicate some underlying causes and it is therefore must to find some proper cure before the underlying conditions become serious. Below are some of the common causes of child headache –
Causes of Child headache -
- Hereditary Reasons – If in your family your parents used to have headaches then your chances of suffering from headache are also more and in the same manner your children will also have increased chances of suffering from headaches.
- Lack of Proper Sleep – If your child is not getting proper sleep or getting disturbed sleep then also he or she may suffer from headaches.
- Increased Stress Levels – Children also can have increased stress levels due to pressure of studies, homework, examinations, etc. This also can be the possible cause of headaches.
- Weaker eyesight – If your child has some eyesight related issues then also he or she might get headaches.
- Sun Exposure – Avoid your children for playing too much in the sun, as it can cause headaches.
- Viral Infections – If your child is having fever due to viral infection then also he or she might get headaches.
- Sinus related headaches – Due to nasal blockage and inflammation your child might get headaches.
Treatment for child Headache -
Consult the doctor before treating your child with the same medicines that you take during headaches. The doctor will find out the real cause of your child getting headache and then decide the kind of treatment that your child will respond to. There are several herbal remedies for headaches you can try that till the time you get an appointment with your doctor. Basil, lemon balm, chamomile are very effective herbs that can cure headaches.
You can prepare an infusion of these herbs and give it to your children, as it will give them instant relief from the pain. You can also give head massage to your child. This is a good way to relieve the pressure from the nerves. Make sure that you don’t give any medicines without consulting the doctor, as the doctor will give right kind of medicines that will be based on the age, height and weight of your child. Hence follow your doctor’s advice and soon your child will stop getting headaches.