Headaches are not considered as a serious problem, as many people get them worldwide. Headaches often last for few minutes, hours or at the most for a day. But there are some people who are suffering from chronic headaches. In chronic headaches the pains can be anything form moderate to severe but once started it lasts for more than fifteen days. Such headaches can really make your life a living hell. If you are also suffering from such headaches then don’t suffer in silence and consult your doctor.
Many people have the habit of taking painkillers whenever they get a headache and without realizing they end up popping these painkillers almost every day. If the painkillers are taken in excess then instead of giving cure from headaches they can actually cause you severe headaches daily without fail. If painkillers are taken in excess then it can lead to liver damage also. The chronic headaches will not get cured with any kind of painkillers and that is why you should not waste your time on trying out several painkillers.
The first thing that you should do if you are suffering from chronic headache is to consult your doctor. The doctor will diagnose your headaches and decide the actual cause behind your headaches. After finding out the actual reason behind the chronic headache the doctor will prescribe you the medicines. It is your responsibility to complete the course of medicines so that the headaches will not reoccur after some time.
The main causes behind getting chronic headaches can be presence of any major illness like hypertension, meningitis, brain tumor, sinus, fever, viral infection or hormonal imbalance. Hence knowing the main cause of headaches is important before finding the cure for headache. There are some natural remedies for treating chronic headaches and these natural remedies are listed below –
Natural remedies for treating Chronic Headaches -
- Eating apples by adding pinch of salt over it daily with the breakfast is one of the best cures for chronic headaches and you will get the positive result within a week of trying this remedy.
- Prepare black tea and add juice of one lemon into it. Drink this tea when it is hot, as it will give relief from the headaches. Applying the paste of lemon peel on the forehead is also a very effective cure for chronic headaches.
- Prepare paste of cinnamon by adding some water into it and apply it on your forehead.
- Apply the past of betel leaves on your forehead whenever you get chronic headaches.
- Lavender oil, eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils are also effective in giving cure form headaches. Massage your head, forehead, neck and back with any of these oils.
- Feverfew, Gingko biloba, peppermint are some of the effective herbs that give instant relief from headaches.
- Prepare a thick paste form cinnamon, almond and clove, take each of these only a teaspoon and add water in it accordingly. Applying this paste over the forehead will cure the headache.