Headache and Fever
There are several people who suffer from headache on a daily basis. In a chemist’s shop also the sale for over the counter medicines for headache is much more compared to the sale of drugs for any other health condition. People don’t even wait for longer time and as soon as they get a slightest hint that they will suffer from a headache they take these painkillers to avoid getting headaches. There are different types of headaches caused due to various reasons. Even the symptoms of different types of headache are different. Headache and fever are also a common symptom in many of these headache types.
AS there are several types of headaches, each one with some new symptoms it becomes really important for everyone suffering from headache to know the type of their headache and the real reason behind getting the headache. If without knowing the answers to these questions you will never be able to get complete cure from the headache and fever. Hence you should consult a doctor whenever you suffer from headache. More so if you get constant headaches or chronic headaches with high fever.
The doctor will give you correct advice after analyzing the various symptoms faced by you. The treatment will also be based on the type of the headaches. The doctor will explain to you the actual cause behind you getting headache and then will give you several important tips so that you can prevent headaches from occurring. Hence next time you get headache, make it a point to consult your doctor and get proper treatment for your problem.
Headache and fever are very much together and if you suffer from anyone one of them, the second one will follow without giving it a miss. If you have high fever, then it causes the blood vessels in the body to get dilated. This will in turn be a cause of headache in you. The headache that will come with fever will be anything between mild and severe. If you take medicines for fever, then slowly the headache will also get cured.
Causes of Headache and Fever -
- The main reason for getting headache and fever together is the viral infections.
- In meningitis condition also the affected person gets headache and fever together. Meningitis can be caused due to both viral and bacterial infections.
- Too much exposure to sunrays can also lead to high fever and severe headache.
- The viral infection of brain that is Encephalitis can also cause headache and fever.
Symptoms of headache and Fever -
- Along with pain in head the affected person will have pain in skull, area behind the eyes, forehead and the temples.
- Vomiting, flushing of the face and the stiffness in the neck are also common symptom of fever and headache.
- The affected person will look unwell and even have skin rashes.
- The affected person will have severe body pains.
- The affected person will have mild or severe fever.