Headaches generally doesn’t mean just pain in the head, it also have several other symptoms like nausea, vomiting, neck pain, shoulder pain, back pain, pain in the forehead, area behind the eyes and the temples. In different types of headaches the affected person will have different set of symptoms. The different types of headaches are cluster headache, hormonal headaches, stress headaches, sinus headaches, frequent headaches, etc. The headache cure will exclusively depend upon the type of headache the person is suffering from.
The headaches have various triggers that active the headaches and depending upon these triggers the kind of treatment will suit the person is detected by the doctors. Hence the first step when you get headache is to consult your doctor and if you get headaches often then you should take it very seriously and should not delay the treatment. The for right headache cure you will have to consult your doctor.
The headache cure is decided based on the causes of headache. Here is a list of the possible causes of headache.
- Lack of sleep or sleeping in excess
- Emotional stress and tensions
- Weather changes, allergy to certain food or substance
- Working for long hours on computer resulting in eye strain
- Watching television for long hours and that too by sitting in wrong postures
- Hangover after drinking alcohol in excess
- Viral and bacterial infections
- Wrong eating habits
- Presence of some serious ailments like meningitis, hypertension, brain tumor, etc.
Headache Cure -
Headache cure is decided once the cause of headache is known. The cause of headache will be different for different types of headache. Thus it can be said that the headache cure is decided after knowing the type of headache the person is suffering from. Many times the headache cure is simple if the cause is simple. For example if you are getting headache due to lack of sleep, you can cure it by taking adequate sleep.
Here are some of the things that you can do to get cure from headaches –
- Home Remedies – Sleep for some time by leaving all your work. Sometimes just taking a break from work of about 15 to 20 minutes will give headache cure. You can also try putting cold compresses on your forehead and head. This will give cure from the throbbing pain. Massage your temples or squeeze the bridge of your nose to feel better.
- Meditations – In case the reason for your headache is the stress, then meditating will give you relief from the headaches. Meditation helps in reducing the stress levels and thus prevents you from headaches. Meditation will also improve your concentration and make you work effectively. Deep breathing is also effective in headache cure.
- Herbal Cure – The herbs like gold seal, feverfew, ginko biloba, etc. are very effective and can help a lot in reducing the severity of the headache symptoms. Many people have some allergy to some of these herbs and hence you should consult your doctor before taking these herbs.