Natural Cure for Headache
Headache can be termed as a common ailment, which is experienced by every body at some point in their life. There are several natural cures for headache available which is not only easily available but effective. But before knowing about the natural cure for headache it is important to know about types of headaches. There are three types of Headaches types.
- Tension headache: This is a very common form of headache. Tension causes spasm in the muscles adjoining the neck. This produces pain in the neck as well as head.
- Migraine headache: This type of headache is more common in females. It is passed through gens. It strikes only one side of the head. The pain is very severe and may last up to two to three days.
- Cluster headaches: This type of headaches is the one that occur very frequently. The headache may continue for days together. It can be caused due to lack of sleep, smoking, alcohol may aggravate the headache.
Causes of Headache –
- Being allergic to certain food, aroma can lead to headache. E.g. some people are allergic to strong perfumes.
- Physical or mental stress – Stress could be work related or emotional.
- Problem with the eyes or straining of the eyes.
- High blood pressure
- Weak immune system
- Constipation and indigestion
- Exposure to extreme temperatures either hot or cold.
Natural Cure for Headache -
- For chronic headaches, eat a ripe apple with a pinch of salt every day for seven days. It should be eaten empty stomach.
- Add a tea spoon of dried ginger powder to half a cup of water. Bring it to boil. Apply lukewarm paste on the forehead.
- Grate a piece of gourd. Put the grated gourd in a kerchief and keep it on the head. If the head ache is due to high blood pressure, then this is a sure shot remedy.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 15-20 minutes every day. Keep the legs in upright position for 5 minutes after soaking them in water.
- Take hot water steam. Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil in the water. Headaches due to cold can get cured by this method.
- Soak 10 black raisins and fennel seeds overnight. Strain the water next morning and drink it. This is beneficial in heat related headaches.
- Applying pain balm on the forehead helps to give relief from the headache.
- Make a paste of half a spoon of cinnamon powder and water. Apply it on the forehead. Cold related headaches will be cured.
- Mix henna powder with water. Keep it overnight. Apply the paste to your hair next morning. Oil your hair before applying henna to avoid coloring of hair. This is effective for heat related headache. Do not try this method if you are having cold.
Precautions to avoid headaches -
- Get a proper night’s sleep. Sleep early to avoid headaches.
- Get your eyes checked. Some headaches are due to eye strain. In case you are working continuously on computer, take a break in work for a few minutes and wash your eyes.
- Drink enough water to keep bowel movements regular.
- Eat a balanced diet.