Natural Headache Relief
Headache is a very common ailment. Headaches can be due to some underlying illness or it may not have any underlying disease. Headaches can be mild or very severe. Severe headache can be unbearable and disrupt your routine. It may last for a few hours or may continue for days together.
Causes of Headache -
- Allergy can cause headaches. Allergies to certain fragrances are known to cause headaches.
- Too much of stress
- Weak eye sight or straining of eyes
- High Blood Pressure
- Fasting for many hours
- Inadequate sleep. This is particularly true for people working in shifts.
- During menstrual cycle, some women experience severe migraine pain.
Natural Headache Relief -
- Drink four glasses of water empty stomach in the morning. This will cleanse the body of toxins and improve bowel movements. Headaches due to indigestion, gas and constipation will be cured by this simple remedy.
- Blend a pinch of dry ginger powder in water and heat it. Apply it to the forehead, when warm. This will get rid of both heat and cold related headaches.
- Drinking a glass of gourd juice everyday will keep blood pressure in check and provide relief in blood pressure related headaches. If you are suffering from cold, then drink gourd soup instead of juice. If you are suffering from arthritis or asthma, do not try this remedy.
- Knead flour atta with water. Do not add oil or salt in it. Apply the dough on the temples. This is effective in heat and blood pressure related headaches. This is very helpful natural headache relief method.
- Appling sandalwood paste on forehead is effective for heat induced headaches.
- Eat an apple every morning empty stomach with a pinch of salt. Continue for 7 days. Chronic headaches get cured by this method.
- Soak 10 black raisins with a pinch of green fennel seeds overnight. Strain and drink water in the morning.
- Take hot water steam for 15 to 20 minutes every day. Headaches due to sinuses will get cured. This is the simplest yet every effective natural headache relief method.
- Do deep breathing for 5 minutes. Follow it by anulom vilom pranayam. Practice it for 20 minutes regularly. Chronic headaches, headaches due to sinuses, high blood pressure will get cured by following this simple routine.
- Keep your feet in Luke warm water for about 15-20 minutes daily. Later, keep the legs in an upright position for about five minutes. Headaches due to indigestion and gas will get cured.
Preventive methods for headache -
- Try to get a sound sleep for 6 to 7 hours daily.
- Maintain a regular routine life.
- De-stress yourself by going for walks, listen to light music
- Eat at regular intervals. Eat 4 to 5 small meals everyday.
- Be on a fruit diet once a week.
- Avoid non vegetarian food as far as possible.
- Avoid deep fried and oily food.
- Eat freshly cooked food. Do not eat stale food or ready to eat food. They contain a lot of preservatives and are not healthy.