Natural Remedy for Headache
Though a very common disease, it can be severe and disturbing. Persistent headaches can disrupt your routine. Most of the headaches may not have any underlying disease. However, in few cases, an underlying disease may cause headaches. It is better to consult a doctor in case of persistent and severe headaches.
Causes of Headache:
- In today’s fast life, work related stress can be a major cause for headaches. Physical and mental stress can cause headaches.
- Working continuously on computer strains the eyes and may cause headache.
- When blood pressure rises above the normal limit of 120/80, it can cause headaches and restlessness.
- Allergy to some food and smells can lead to headache.
- Addiction to tea or coffee- If a person addicted to tea or coffee does not consume tea or coffee, then it can cause headache initially.
- If a person does not eat for long hours, then it can cause headache.
- Indigestion, constipation and gas can cause headaches.
- Lack of sleep or irregular sleep can cause headaches.
- Extreme heat or extreme cold can cause headaches.
Natural Remedy for Headache -
- Yoga is very effective in treating headaches. Practice various pranayam to get rid of headaches and many other ailments. Walking also helps in maintaining the health.
- Sleep well. Get sound sleep of at least 6 to 7 hours. This acts as a stress buster and relieves you of headaches. This is the best natural remedy for headache.
- Eat at regular intervals. Avoid eating very late in the night. Keep a gap of at least 4 hours between dinner and bed time. This helps in digestion of food and prevents problems like constipation, gas etc.
- Eat nutritional diet. It helps strengthen the immune system of the body, thus protecting the body from all kinds of diseases.
- If your eyes are strained, give rest to the eyes by sprinkling cold water on it.
- Eating a ripe apple with a pinch of salt everyday cures chronic headaches. This is one of the very effective natural remedy for headaches.
- Dried ginger powder mixed in water, when warmed and applied on forehead cures headache related to common cold and heat.
- Add a few drops of fresh lime in a glass of Luke warm water and drink it every morning. It improves the digestive system of the body, improves bowel movements and the bladder. Headaches related to indigestion, constipation and gas will be cured.
- Headaches related to high blood pressure can be cured by drinking gourd and amla juice daily. Do not try this remedy if you are ailing from bronchitis, arthritis or have chronic cold.
- Grated gourd tied in a piece of cloth, when kept on the head provides relief in blood pressure related and heat related headaches.
- Rubbing of ice cubes on the forehead brings down headache, especially in case of high blood pressure.
- Sandal wood paste applied on forehead relieves heat related headache.
- Soak black raisins in water over night. Drink the water and the raisins the next morning. It is a heat reliever and is effective in curing heat related headaches.