Most of us have experienced headache at some point of point. It is a common ailment that people tend to ignore it. At the most, they would pop a pain killer and move ahead with their routine jobs. Persistent headache as the name suggests is a type of headache belonging to the family of chronic headache. It occurs on both the sides of the head. It gives a feeling of tightening on the head. It is generally mild to moderate in nature and does not stop you from the routine chores. Though they do not stop us from our routine chores, it certainly makes us feel uneasy.
Persistent headaches may not have any underlying disease. The symptom of persistent headache is similar to migraine and tension type headache. Therefore, it is better to eliminate the possibility of any other type of headache, before concluding it to be a persistent headache.
Try maintaining a diary where in you can jot down the history of headache. Write down the time and duration of headache, whether any particular thing can be related to the occurrence of headache. For example, having a late night party the previous night, skipping meals or consuming heavy food, skipped tea or coffee when you are addicted to it, whether any emotional stress or physical or work related stress is causing persistent headache.
Instead of popping a pill everyday, maintain a diary and try to make some changes in your life style like:
- Going to bed early.
- Eating food at a fixed time every day.
- Eating small meals at regular intervals.
- Drinking plenty of water every day.
- Add a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables everyday. Eat all the seasonal fruits available in the market. Don’t go for frozen or tin packed fruits.
- Do not eat stale food or processed food, refined sugars.
- Go vegan. Do not consume non vegetarian food.
Home remedies for persistent headaches:
- Drink a glass of Luke warm water with a lime juice and honey mixed in it. This will relieve you of constipation and indigestion. It would also help you in weight control.
- Mix 50grams of kaligiri, 20grams of methi seeds and 10 grams of ajwain seeds. Blend it in to fine powder. Eat a tea spoon of powder every night with Luke warm water. Persistent headache will get cured.
- In case you have high blood pressure, then drink freshly made gourd juice blended with amla juice every day. Headaches due to blood pressure will get cured. This remedy should not be tried by people suffering from sinus, common cold, bronchitis and arthritis.
- Make dried ginger powder solution by adding half a spoon of ginger powder in 100 gm of water. Heat the solution. Apply when it is still hot. It will give a strong burning sensation, but persistent headache will get cured.
- Soak little jaggery in a glass of water overnight. Strain the water next morning, add a little salt and lime juice and drink it everyday to get rid of persistent headache.