Sinus Headache Cure
The area around the eyes, nose and the cheeks is comprised of air filled gaps. These are called sinus. When an inflammation occurs in this area, it is called sinusitis. The pain aggravates on leaning and bending forward.
Causes of Sinus Infection -
- Congestion of nose
- Common cold and flu
- Mild temperature
- Throat infection
- Chest Infection
When the sinus is inflamed, the mucus can not be drained and this leads to breeding of viral, bacterial and fungal infection. It can be very painful. Doctor would check your nose, if it is blocked. Antibiotics will be prescribed depending upon the severity of the infection. Doctor may also suggest nasal drops and sprays.
Homemade recipes for Sinus Headache Cure -
- Add a few drops of eucalyptus, pine or peppermint oil to water. Bring it boil. Inhale the steam twice in a day.
- Soak yourself in a hot bath for half an hour. Add a few drops of eucalyptus, pine or peppermint oil to your bath.
- Drink hot ginger tea for relieving sinus.
- Mix dried ginger powder in water. Heat the water. Apply the paste on the forehead, on the cheeks below the eye and on the nose.
- Apply a drop on pure ghee in both the nostrils twice a day.
- Apply a drop of castor oil in both the nostrils twice a day.
- Take a piece of pepper in a needle. Burn the pepper in the flame of a candle. Inhale the fumes coming out of pepper. It will make you cough a little. This is very effective for sinus.
- Mix cinnamon powder in water. Heat it and apply the paste on forehead. Do not apply this on nose as the skin of the nose may be sensitive.
Diet for Sinus Headache Cure -
- Eat a lot of mangoes during its season. Mangoes are rich in Vitamin A and protects from various infection. Leafy vegetables, papaya, pumpkin, tomatoes, yogurt and milk are very rich in Vitamin A.
- Eat an apple with a pinch of salt every morning, empty stomach.
- Avoid cold food, dessert, cold drinks. These aggravate cold.
- Drink hot soups.
- Drink ample water through out the day and at bed time. This will help in draining the mucus and provide relief from sinus.
- 100gms of cumin seeds, roasted and powdered, should be consumed with pure ghee.
- Take ajwain seeds in a piece of cloth. Roast the seeds in a pan. Massage with the hot kerchief on the chest and both the sides of the body. After massaging, keep the kerchief with ajwain seeds close to your chest.
- Gargle with warm water and a pinch of salt three to four times a day to get relief from common cold and sinus.
- Take a few leaves of tulsi, pudina, lemon grass, 1 elaichi, half a spoon of sugar. Add one cup water. Bring it to boil. Drink this herbal tea for effective relief from sinus headache. In case you are diabetic, avoid sugar.