Symptoms of Headache
There are several symptoms of headache but the common symptoms of headache are pain in the head and pain in the neck, nausea, vomiting, easily getting irritated, lack of concentration, problems with hearing and vision. As there are different types of headache, the symptoms of headache are also different in each type of headache. As the types and symptoms of the headache are different the causes of headache are also different for each type of headache. Hence in order to find the cure for your headache, you will first have to find the type of headache you are suffering from.
The doctor will be able to tell you the type of headache that you are suffering form only after you will tell me about what all symptoms of headache you are getting and how often you are getting them. The doctor will decide the treatment for you, after studying the symptoms of headache.
Headache Types and the Symptoms of Headache in each type-
- Tension Headache – The common symptom of this type of headache is the tightness in the area around your head. The pain will begin from the backside of the head and from the upper part of the neck. In tension headache the pain will be severe over the eyebrows. You will get mild pain on both sides of the head. Increased sensitivity to the light and sound, nausea and vomiting are some of the other symptoms of this type of headache.
- Sinus Headache – In this type of headache you will have painful pressure in the forehead and also around the cheek and eyes. The bridge over the nose will also feel pressurized and painful. This will soon lead to nasal congestion, sore throat and dripping nose. You will feel sick and will not be able to do any of your work.
- Migraine Headaches – In this type of headache you will have pain in either one side of the head or on both sides of the head. Nausea, vomiting, problems with vision and hearing, increased sensitivity to light and sound are some of the other symptoms of migraine. Many people suffer from this kind of headache but mainly women are more prone to getting this type of headaches.
- Cluster Headaches – The main symptoms of this type of headache is unbearable pain in the head. You will also experience severe pain in the area around one of your eyes. It will further cause nasal congestion too. This type of headache will keep on recurring after some time. The pain will last for anything from fifteen minutes to three to four hours.
- Hormone Headaches – This type of headaches occur in women more than men, as women undergo frequent hormonal changes. Due to the changes in the hormone levels of estrogen and progesterone you may suffer from such types of headaches. Women who are pregnant, or who take oral contraceptives have this headache more often. You will get pain in one side of the head along with nausea, vomiting, throbbing sensations, increased sensitivity to light, smell and sound.