Lessening of lubrication on the skin i.e. reduction of oil production on the skin renders skin to appear dry. This situation is very common in winters and rainy seasons. Thighs, lower arms, chest, flanks (sides of abdomen), cheeks and the area around neck are the most common sites of the where maximum skin is affected by dryness. The skin is becomes stretchy and tight after wash. Skin may crack or becomes scaly in severe cases.
Following are the causes which causes dry skin
- Exposure to harsh environmental conditions like extremes winters etc.
- Usage of excess of make up especially that of chemical one
- Effects of pollution on the skin causing it loose its normal moisture.
- Usage of harsh face wash and soaps that causes skin to dry
- Nutritional deficiency like that of vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin E may also lead to dry skin.
- Less supply to oil to the oil glands also may cause dry skin
- Gentle massage of almond oil mixed with olive oil before going to bed can help in relieving from dry skin.
- Soak your face in Luke warm water to avoid dryness of skin on your face.
Note: avoid washing your face with warm water to avoid dryness of face
- Mashed ripe banana is applied on the face and neck and left for some time. After wards it is washed with luke warm water to get the good shiny skin.
- Grape seed oil massage on the face is a excellent remedy to avoid dry skin
- Application castor oil or avocado oil is another remedy to get rid of dry skin in severe cases
- Regular exercise and physical activities also helps in improving blood circulation which eventually helps in avoiding skin ailments like dry skin etc.
- regular consumption of alcohol and tobacco should be avoided
- Avoid excess drinking of coffee and tea.
- Application of aloe Vera gel is very helpful in avoiding dry skin problems.
- Avoid washing your face with normal tap water; instead use filtered water or mineral water.
- Vitamin A, vitamin B and vitamin E rich diet should be taken
- Consumption of green vegetable is very essential to maintain the beauty of skin.
- Bathing with milk once a month is also a good solution to dry skin problem.
- Oat meal and honey are mixed and is used as a moisturizer for the skin.