HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
It is the most troublesome disease in this era. It is also termed as silent killer as sometimes it does not present any symptoms but eventually effects heart and may cause heart attack. This modern era is full of stress and life is so fast that there is no time to take care of our health. This stressed up mind may also lead to increase of adrenaline in blood stream that eventually leads to rise in blood pressure. Blood pressure is defined as that force which blood exerts on the arterial wall during its normal flow through them. It is essential for carrying out the normal activities when it is maintained at the normal level. The pressure is measures as the ratio by systolic by diastolic. Normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. But when it increases this value it is called as hypertension. When the diastolic pressure is between 80 to 95 mm Hg then it is considered as mildly hypertensive. Above 95 mm hg is considered as hypertensive. Similarly systolic pressure between 140 to 160 mm hg is considered as the mild hypertensive. Above it is considered as hypertensive.
Following are the reasons by which hypertension is caused
- consuming high amount of sodium
- hormonal changes
- Narrowing of blood vessels by deposition of plaque
- Consuming garlic is very effective in decreasing the hypertension as it prevents thrombosis and deposition of plaque in the arteries.
- Drinking of lime water 4 to 5 times a day helps in preventing hypertension.
- Amla (Indian goose berry) is very effective in treating the high blood pressure.
- Tarbooz (watermelon) is another good remedy for avoiding high blood pressure.
- Dried seeds of watermelon and khus-khus (cus-cus grass) are to be taken and crushed. It is then consumed empty stomach twice daily with water.
- Fenugreek seeds are to be taken twice daily empty stomach is a good remedy against hypertension.
- Leaves of tulsi and neem two in number are to be consumed empty stomach to get relieve from high blood pressure.
- Consuming papita (papaya) empty stomach for 15 to 20 days helps in curing hypertension.
- Curd mixed with Spiegel seeds also prevents high blood pressure.
- Walking barefoot on green grass early morning also is a good remedy to avoid hypertension as it improves blood circulation.
- Consuming baked potatoes is also effective treatment for curing hypertension.
- Honey mixed with onion juice is considered best remedy when consumed twice daily.
- Grape juice is also a good remedy which lowers blood pressue
- Yogic exercises like surya namaskar, makar asana, matsya asana, vajra asana, ardha padma asana, pavanmukta asana, shava asana and pranayam are very effective in bringing down blood pressure.