There are mainly two types of cholesterol
- Low density lipoproteins or LDL (bad cholesterol)
- High density lipoproteins HDL (good cholesterol).
LDLs or Low density lipoproteins are accountable for plaque build up in the arteries; this blocks the flow of blood to mayor organs like the liver, the kidneys, genitals, brain and is the number one cause of heart disease.
HDLs or High density lipoproteins in the other hand are measured good because they carry un-used cholesterol back to the liver where it was shaped once there the liver brakes it down to be removed from the body. The needed cholesterol plays a significant part in the formation of sex hormones and proper nerve and brain functioning.
Though, if we do not have sufficient HDLs (High density lipoproteins) or too much cholesterol for those to pick up and transport back to the liver it will stay in our arteries jamming them.
But you are most likely asking your self if the cholesterol is produce in the liver, why would I have too much, it seems like the liver would control how much cholesterol is needed? That is right, the difficulty is that cholesterol is also present in our diet and regularly we eat too much saturated fats such as, coconuts, white bread, gravies, pork products, etc. all these added to the cholesterol produced by the liver could make us arrive at an unsafe cholesterol level.
Home Remedies for Cholesterol we recommend
Home remedies for cholesterol: Mix the following
One tablespoon of roasted chicory root.
One tablespoon of lime flowers.
Half tablespoon of fenugreek seeds.
Half tablespoon of ginger rhizome.
One quarter of water.
Boil all ingredients and let them cool, strain. Drink 2 cups a day.
- Home remedies for cholesterol - Eat Garlic (lasuna) or take 1 capsule twice a day. It lowers LDL cholesterol level in 12 percent and increases HDLs (high density lipoproteins)
- Home remedies for cholesterol - Niacin is chiefly helpful in lowering cholesterol. However, inositol hexaniacinate is an even superior and safer form of niacin. Inositol hexaniacinate is composed of 1 molecule of inositol and 6 molecules of niacin. Inositol hexaniacinate has been used in Europe for over 30 years to lower cholesterol levels. Inositol hexaniacinate yields somewhat better results than standard niacin and is better tolerated as it is flush free and doesn't have any long-term side effects on the liver or blood sugar control.
- Home remedies for cholesterol - Chromium is very important in the synthesis of cholesterol, fats and protein. Chromium stabilizes blood sugar levels through proper insulin use and can be obliging for people with diabetes and/or hypoglycemia. Researches have shown that low plasma chromium levels can be a sign of coronary artery disease (CAD). Take 400 mcg. daily of chromium picolinate to improve HDL (high density lipoproteins) to LDL (Low density lipoproteins) ratio.
- Home remedies for cholesterol: Taking amalaki with bioflavonoids 4000 mg. a day lowers cholesterol.
- Home remedies for cholesterol: Ginger also reduces cholesterol and thins the blood improving circulation.
- Home remedies for cholesterol: Guggul reduces LDL (Low density lipoproteins) by 35 percent increases HDL (high density lipoproteins) by 20 percent in 12 weeks, prevents arteriosclerosis. It performs better then many drugs in several studies.