Itching is a common skin disorder that provokes us to scratch the skin to relieve ourselves. Itching is generally caused due to presence of some kinds of impurity in blood. These impurities can be allergens, infections or anything else. This condition of itching may be localized or may be present on complete body. Certain conditions of itching may be contagious and may spread to others or to the surrounding skin parts. Itching is localized when there is an insect bite or may be generalized when it spreads in blood stream.
Below are some generalized causes of itching.
- Inflammation on some particular part of skin may lead to itching
- Dry skin or skin with less moisture is also prone to itching
- Parasites are another reason that may initiate itching
- In some women during pregnancy itching might occur
- Allergies to some chemicals like detergents and other solvents may also trigger itching
- Eczema, a common skin problem is always accompanied by itching.
- Taking bath with adding peppermint in the bathing water helps in relieving from itching
- Prepare a mixture of aloe vera gel and cod liver oil. Apply this mixture on the affected part of the skin may also be very beneficial in preventing itching.
- Application of mixture of coconut oil and lime water on the affected area is also very beneficial in evading itching problem
- Bathing with water mixed with 2 tablespoon vinegar is also a very effective home remedy for itching.
- Keep your skin hydrated with the regular use of moisturizer. This prevent drying of skin and also evades itching problem
- Lowering the salt intake in diet also helps in reducing the itching.
- Consuming Vitamin E is also very helpful in lowering the intensity of itching and is very effective home remedy for itching.
- Wash the affected itchy part with warm water helps in getting rid of itching.
- Mix baking soda, vinegar and water and make a paste out of it. Apply this paste on the affected part. It helps in relieving itching. This is again a wonderful home remedy for itching.
- Neem is extremely beneficial in treating all kinds of skin problems hence neem capsule should be consumed on the daily bases to avoid eruption of itching n body.