Diabetes Home Remedies
Diabetes mellitus is a condition in which there is unusual rise in glucose in level in our blood stream. It happens because of a disturbance in glucose metabolism machinery in the body. Beta cells of pancreas are responsible in production of a protein known as insulin. Insulin is responsible for glucose metabolism in body. Insulin casks out the excess of glucose in the body and converts it into the glycogen and then stores in the body. Due to any discrepancy in functioning of the pancreas insulin is not sufficiently produced hence causing difficulty in metabolism of glucose leading to pouring of excess of glucose in the blood causing diabetes.
Normal level of glucose in body is 80 to 140 per 100ml in fasting state. If there is rise in sugar level beyond this in fasting state is considered to be a danger sign of initiation of diabetes mellitus diabetes affects generally all age groups but is is commonly seen in people in middle age and in old age. It is also very commonly seen in obese people.
Types of diabetes
Generally there are two types of diabetes. These are
- type I (IDDM)
- type II (NIDDM)
Type I diabetes is insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (IIDM). In this case body stops producing the required amount of insulin in the body leading to the abnormal rise in the glucose level in the blood causing diabetes mellitus.
In type II or the non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) pancreas are not able to secrete the insulin in the body. Most of the people suffering from this kind of diabetes mellitus belong to middle or older age group.
Recent researches have shown that there is also a third types of diabetes. It is known as type III diabetes. In this brain is said that brain is also responsible in secretion of insulin in the body and nay disorder in brain or its physiological function may lead to diabetes mellitus. Further researches are been carried out to prove the authenticity.
Following are the causes of diabetes.
- The major cause of diabetes now days are the nutritional efficiency.
- Consumption of diet rich in carbohydrates may also relates to in casual factor for diabetes mellitus.
- Stress and mental trauma is another factor that leads to diabetes.
- Decreased physical activities and lack of physical exercise may also cause diabetes.
- Diabetes is said to be running in families thus can be considered as a hereditary factor.
- Certain disease of pancreas may also lead to causing diabetes mellitus.
- An increased weight and obesity condition also interferes in the bodily activities thus causing diabetes mellitus.
- Diabetes can be controlled by consuming fenugreek seeds. It is soaked in about a glass full of water and left overnight. Now these seeds are crushed and sieved from a fine cloth. Now this mixture is being drunk to se the wonderful result in 2 months.
- Half cup juice of karela (bitter gourd) is very effective in treating diabetes.
- Grape juice is very helpful in controlling diabetes.
- Mango tree leaves boiled in water and the juice is taken helps in curing diabetes.
- Leaves, seeds and fruit of jamun tree (Syszgium cumini) is very help full in preventing diabetes.
- Consuming leaves of neem and bilva in mornings and evening is very effective in regulating sugar level un blood.
- Almonds soaked overnight in water and then consumed early morning empty stomach is very effective in treating diabetes.
- Amla (Indian goose berry) has also proven its worth in treating diabetes.
- Bel patra (leaves), tulsi (holy basil) leaves and neem leaves each taken ten in number and then consumed early morning empty stomach is very beneficial in curing diabetes.
- For making chapatti use dough made from flour by mixing of wheat, barley and gram is useful in preventing diabetic condition.
- Soya bean that is rich in proteins and minerals like calcium, iron and vitamin like retinol (vitamin A) is quite effective in treating diabetes.
- Consumption of Bengal gram helps in preventing diabetes.
- Morning and evening walk is very important in diabetic condition.
- Yogic asana like shashank asana is very effective in curing diabetes.
- Diet control by in taking low calorie diet, low fat food and consuming high fiber diet is very effective means to prevent diabetes.
- Garlic, ginger and onions are best options in curing diabetes.
Read more on How are Blood Sugar levels measured?