Eczema is a term that is derived from a Greek word that means to boil. To clarify more it means inflammation of the skin which is a result of pustules on the skin that discharges a fluid from it. It is also known as atopic dermatitis. Actually eczema is not a disease but it is basically a common symptom of various skin ailments. This disease is result of accumulation of toxins in the body. The main symptoms of eczema are itching, redness, dryness and flaking of skin. It can occur over whole body but most commonly seen spots are hands, neck, face, upper thoracic region, back of knees etc. it is not a contagious disease i.e. it does not get transferred to one person to another. .
Following are the causes of eczema
- Foremost cause resulting in the eczema is due to allergy of some substance.
- Environmental conditions like extremes cold or dry climate may also lead to eczema
- unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits may also lead to eczema
- Failure of body to get rid of toxins in the body. It is a condition in which excretory system gets disrupted like micturation and sweating
- Frequent indigestion and constipation may also lead to indigestion.
- Nutritional deficiency is another reason by which eczema is caused.
- Metabolic disturbances also cause eczema.
- Coconut oil application on the affected area may be very helpful in getting rid of eczema
- Application of mud pack over the eczema is vet helpful in avoiding eczematous condition.
- Taking sunbath is another means to avoid eczema.
- Cold and wet fomentation twice daily is effective means to get away with eczema.
- Usage of soaps and makeup of chemical origin should be avoided.
- Spearmint leaf juice is also effective in treating eczema.
- Application of freshly derived almond leaves meshed in water on the affected area prevents further growth of eczema.
- Apply camphor paste and sandalwood paste on the eczema to get the wonderful results in eczema.
- Seeds of papaya is mashed and made into the paste form helps in reducing itching and irritation on the affected part.
- Witch hazel is a very commonly used herb in reducing the inflammatory condition of the skin.
- Muskmelon and carrot are very beneficial in getting rid of eczema.