A disease, which is not so troubling but is more of irritating. These are the involuntary contractions of the muscles of diaphragm. Diaphragm is a structure that lies between stomach and chest region and is very essential for normal breathing activities. Due to the sensation of diaphragm caused by the nerves irritation leads to the jerky breathing and this also produces a peculiar sound known as hiccups
The real mechanism is till known but following causes are the believed to aggravate hiccups
- eating fast
- consuming spicy and hot food stuff
- gastric problems
- renal (kidney) disorders
- infections in lungs also leads to hiccups
- Sudden emotional presentation.
- Holding breath for some times is believed to be a remedy for hiccups.
- consuming water frequently also helps in avoiding hiccups
- deep breathing also helps in getting rid of hiccups
- water gargling also prevents hiccups
- sucking a cube of sugar also is a good remedy for preventing hiccups
- Hiccups can also be avoided by diverting mind into other subjects as it also a psychological problem.
- Consuming yogurt with a pinch of salt is also a effective way of avoiding hiccups.
- Sucking ice cube is also very nice remedy against hiccups.
- Consuming a teaspoon of peanut butter is a very effective method in avoiding hiccups in children.
- Sucking fresh ginger piece is also a effective way in treating hiccups.
- It is also believed that laughing loudly also stops hiccups.