Abrasion Home Remedies
Sometimes the outer and inner layers of our skin get injured due to cuts or tears. This results in skin abrasion. If the injury is not serious enough then it can be easily cured with home remedies for abrasion . There are various simple remedies that have proved effective in healing the abrasion fast. Many times while playing sports, players fall on hard surface and get such skin abrasions. Due the falling sometimes the outer skin layers while some times the inner skin layers gets injured.
Home Remedies For Abrasion :
- Whenever you get any kind of injury to skin, the first thing that you should do is clean the wound properly with a good antiseptic soap and warm water . This way you will get protection from infection of microbes.
- Honey is very effective in curing the abrasions fast. Hence apply some honey over the affected skin part.
- Aloe Vera gel is easily available in almost everybody's house. You can use aloe Vera gel over the infected skin, as it prevents the further damage of the skin and speeds up the healing process.
- It is also helpful to wash the injured part of the skin with hydrogen peroxide . This will prevent the growth of any kind of microbes in the infected skin parts.
- Applying few drops of lavender oil over the skin abrasion is also one of the very effective home remedies for abrasion .
- Mix together tea tree oil, comfrey and calendula and prepare an ointment. You can apply this ointment over the skin abrasions, to get quick relief from pain caused due to the injury.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol to get speedy recovery form the abrasions.
- Make a paste by crushing marigold flowers, plantain leaves and parsley leaves together. Apply this paste over the injured skin parts.
- It is also very effective remedy to apply dock leaves over the skin abrasions. You can also make a paste from dock leaves and apply it over the abrasions.
- In case your wound is deeper, then it is must to dress the wound properly. For dressing the wound make use of good ointments and antiseptic creams.
- You can prepare a homemade ointment using lard and white horehound .
- You can also apply tea tree oil and lavender oil over the infected skin region after washing the injured part with warm water.
- Dip one cotton ball in vinegar and clean the injured part of the skin with it, this will help in preventing the growth of microbes.
- After washing the infected area, apply vitamin E oil or apply cod liver oil over the skin. This will help in healing the wound fast.
- To reduce the inflammation of the skin and prevent any kind of infection, apply garlic oil over the injured skin parts.
- Onion juice is also effective over preventing the growth of microbes. Hence apply onion juice externally over the injured skin.
- Collect fresh plantain leaves and crush them. Make a fine paste and apply it on the infected skin part. This remedy also gives fast relief from pain.
Read more on Abrasion