Athlete Feet Home Remedies
As you can guess form the name Athlete Feet is an infection of the feet, which affects the toes, soles, toenails and fingernails. This disease mostly happens to men and that also to youngsters. Tinea pedis is the fungus responsible for causing Athlete's foot. This fungus lives on dry skin cells and it grows when it gets wet and warm places like showers, swimming pools, gyms and locker rooms. This is a contagious disease and it easily spreads from one person to other through wet floors or even when they touch the socks and shoes of the infected person.
The common symptoms for this disease are burning sensation, itching and redness, blistering and scaling of the infected part of the feet. There are home remedies for Athlete feet . But it is better to take precaution so that this disease doesn't happen to you in first place.
How to prevent Athlete Feet?
- Take efforts to make your feet dry, including the area between the toes.
- Avoid going barefoot in public places.
- It is better to put foot powder before putting socks and shoes.
- Wearing cotton socks is good, as it will soak the excess sweat.
- Take care of your shoes and socks and wash them properly.
Home remedies for Athlete Feet:
- Take olive oil in a bowl and add rosemary oil or thyme oil into it. Apply this oil mixture over the infected part of the feet. This is very effective remedy and gives fast relief form the burning sensation and itching.
- Apply yogurt on the affected part of the body and keep it overnight. Next day morning wash it off with water. After that dry that part and put antifungal powder.
- Goldenseal root is very effective in giving complete cure from athlete feet. Wash your affected body part with goldenseal root for fast cure form the disease.
- Tea tree oil is also very effective in curing the athlete feet. Rubbing the tea tree oil over the infected part is one of the very effective home remedies for athlete feet .
- Apple cider vinegar is also very effective in the treatment of athlete feet. Wash the infected region with cider vinegar and dry the area properly. Keeping your feet dipped into a solution of apple cider vinegar for about 20 minutes also helps in the treatment of athlete's foot.
- Soak your feet in antiseptic mouthwash to get fast relief form the itching and burning sensations.
- Apply the paste of baking soda and water over the infected part of the skin and keep it for 15 minutes and then wash it off.
- Put some cornstarch over the feet and in between the toes to prevent the growth of the fungus in this area.
- With the help of a cotton swab apply hydrogen peroxide on the infected body part. This will avoid the further growth of the fungus.
- Trim your nails often to avoid the dust getting collected in them. It is better to trim your nails every week for the same reason.