Bacterial Vaginitis Home Remedies
The infection of the vagina is the simple meaning of the bacterial vaginitis disease. Bacterial vaginitis mostly occurs to women during their reproductive years. This disease can be caused during sexual intercourse but it is not a sexually transmitted disease. Even lesbians are prone to get this disease. This disease can also be caused due to not taking proper care of the vaginal area. Wearing synthetic undergarments can also aggravate the infection.
Itching, burning sensation, irritation of the vagina and light bleeding, foul odor and gray color discharge from the vagina are the common symptoms of the bacterial vaginitis. In order to prevent getting this disease you will need to maintain proper hygiene of the vaginal area. Wear cotton undergarments, as they will soak the sweat from the vaginal area and help in keeping the area dry. This way there will be no favorable moist surrounding for the growth of the bacteria. Clean yourself well after having sexual intercourse.
Home remedies for Bacterial Vaginitis:
- Maintaining the good toilet hygiene is one of the best home remedies for bacterial vaginitis .
- Wash your undergarments separately without mixing them with other clothes. Take care that you have washed it with lots of water, so that no soap is left in them.
- Yogurt is very useful in the treatment of any kind of vaginal infection. Apply plain yogurt on the vagina or eat one bowl of yogurt on a daily basis.
- Cranberry juice is also very useful in the treatment of bacterial vaginitis. Drink this juice on a daily basis.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and have bath. This will also help in reducing the further growth of the bacteria. This is one of the most tried home remedies for bacterial vaginitis . After bath properly make the vaginal area dry.
- Bacterial vaginitis also causes the itching of the vagina. This condition can become so adverse that the woman suffering with looses her peace of mind. For removing the itchiness you can keep tea bags on the vagina after keeping the tea bags in refrigerator for some time. Repeat this process for six times in a day.
- Put some triphala herb powder in water and make a decoction with it. Wash the vagina with this solution. This remedy will give relief from the burning sensation of the vagina.
- Eating cranberry is also very effective treatment for bacterial vaginitis.
- Use some antifungal and antibacterial powder and put is on the vagina for keeping the area bacteria and fungus free.
- In the nighttime, there is no need to wear any undergarments. This way the vaginal area will get fresh air also.
- Cold compresses are also very effective in increasing the blood circulation in the vaginal area.
- After using toilet make sure that you have cleaned your vagina properly.
- During the menstrual cycles use good quality pads or else you will increase your chances of getting bacterial vaginitis.
- After a sexual intercourse wash the vaginal area properly and dry it with clean towel.