Bronchitis Home Remedies
Due to the infection to the major bronchial tubes connected to the lungs, many people suffer from bronchitis. The patients feel heavy chest pains and also suffer from cough and phlegm. The same virus, which causes cold and flu, is responsible for causing acute bronchitis. Heavy cigarette smoking also increases of the chances of getting bronchitis. This disease spreads very easily through the cough of the affected person.
Home remedies for Bronchitis:
- Ginger, pepper and cloves: Take all these ingredients and grind them so as to make a powder. Take this powder three times a day with honey or milk. You can also make use of ginger powder, clove powder and pepper powder and mix them together and have it half a teaspoon thrice in day.
- Turmeric: Add half-teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of milk and drink it two to three times in a day. Early morning drink this on an empty stomach for getting better results. Taking glass of milk with turmeric is one of the very effective home remedies for bronchitis .
- Spinach: Take 250 ml water and add fresh spinach leaves into it. Mix one teaspoon of honey and pinch of ammonium chloride and allow this mixture to mix properly for some time. Drinking this spinach water is also very effective in giving relief from the phlegm problem associated with bronchitis.
- Onion: Onion is also very effective in giving cure form phlegm. Raw onion juice can easily remove the phlegm form the body and also stops the further formation of the phlegm. After getting up in the morning take about one teaspoon of onion juice.
- Endive/ Chicory: Chicory herb is very effective in the treatment of chronic bronchitis. Mix some honey in one teaspoon of powder of roots of this herb and eat it three times in a day.
- Linseed: Add water in a pan and put one cup of linseeds in this water. Make this mixture hot and then allow it to cool down. Applying this poultice over the chest and the back is one of the very beneficial home remedies for bronchitis .
- Sesame Seeds: Add water into the dry powder of the sesame seeds and have it two times a day. Also add one teaspoon of linseed, pinch of salt and one teaspoon of honey into about one teaspoon of sesame seeds and have this mixture before going to bed. This remedy is very useful in giving relief form the chest pains associated with bronchitis.
- Almonds: Make powder of almonds and add it into one cup of orange juice. Taking this drink every night will give fast relief from cough and phlegm. You can also add almonds powder into one cup of lemon juice.
- Orange Juice: For three to four days go on a liquid diet and have only orange juice whenever you feel hungry. You can also have other fruit juices but make it a point that you have maximum orange juice.
- Well Balanced Diet: After your fast gets over you can eat your regular food. Include nuts, seeds, vegetables, fruits and grains in your diet.
Read more on Bronchitis Herbal Supplements