Burning Tongue Home Remedies
Burning tongue is a condition that can happen to anyone. There is no particular cause for getting this condition. Burning mouth syndrome, as burning tongue is referred in scientific terms can be acute or chronic. In this condition the person feels immense pain in lips, tongues, gums and also in cheeks. If you are suffering from burning tongue then try these simple home remedies for burning tongue.
Home remedies for Burning Tongue:
- Drink Water: Burning tongue is caused due to dry skin. Hence one of the best home remedies for burning tongue is to drink lots of water. Keep your body well hydrated, this will prevent the burning tongue form happening.
- Apply Ice Cube: Applying ice cube over the affected part of the mouth will give instant relief form the pain. Ice is very good way to sooth the pain and it also helps to keep the mouth wet.
- Vitamin B12: Include foods like milk, poultry, egg yolk and liver in your diet. All these are very good source of vitamin B12, which develops the red cells and thus very effective in the treatment of burning tongue.
- Lavender Oil: Lavender oil will act as an antiseptic and will give fast relief from the pain. Apply lavender oil in the mouth and also on the parts that are paining. Lavender oil helps in proper blood circulation and also prevents the growth of microbes in mouth.
- Fruit Juice: Drinking fruit juices is also beneficial to treat burning tongue. Fruit juices are rich source of vitamin B and vitamin C, which will keep your mouth hydrated.
- Vegetable Juices: Being rich source of vitamin B and vitamin C, vegetable juices will provide nutrients to your body and will also give relief from the burning tongue.
- Chewing Gum: Chewing sugar free gum will keep your mouth well hydrated and will also give relief form the pain of burning tongue.
- Diet: Your body is short of iron and that is why you get burning tongue. Hence make sure that your food is rich in iron. Include broccoli, parsley, spinach, and other green leafy vegetables.
- Glycerin: Applying glycerin on the burning tongue will also give you soothing effect from the pain.
- No Spicy Food: Make sure that you don't eat anything that is oily, spicy. Avoid junk food and soft drinks. Make sure you don't drink anything too hot or too cold.
- Baking Soda: Instead of brushing your teeth with toothpaste, use baking soda to clean your teeth.
- Avoid Coffee: You should not drink tea, coffee, citrus food. Also make sure that you avoid eating chocolates.
Many times the burning tongue is caused if you are taking medicines for cancer or AIDS. You can try these home remedies for burning tongue but in case you think you are not getting relief from the pain then it is better to check it form your doctor. The burning tongue problem can also be indication of some other infection of the mouth and hence better to take professional help.