Burns Home Remedies
Minor burns can be treated at home while severe burns need immediate medical help. Due to severe burns the body fluid gets lost and this lead to swelling, blisters of the inner layer of the skin. In any case there are various first aid tips that you should remember in case the situation arises where you would have to wait for the doctors to come. That is why the home remedies for burns are very helpful and you should know them.
Home remedies for Burns:
- First thing is to remove the clothes and jewelry of the person who has got burnt. Or else once the skin swells it will become nearly impossible to remove the clothes and jewelry.
- Take a cloth and dip it in diluted vinegar . Place this cloth over the affected part of the body. This will make sure that the patient will get some relief from the pain. Keep on repeating these procedure so as to keep the skin in continue contact with the vinegar.
- Cut one leaf of aloe Vera plant into small thin slices. Keep these slices on the skin part that has got burns. This plant has tremendous capacity to heal the wounds without giving any side effects.
- Mix the ash of cotton wool with olive oil , make a thick paste and apply on the burned skin. This is one of the very effective home remedies for burns . You can apply the fresh paste after every few hours, so that you will get relief form the pain.
- Putting lavender essential oil over the burned skin is also very helpful in reducing the pain, as lavender oil will act like an antiseptic. Make sure that you put the oil without wasting any time, or else the skin will get burn marks and that will take a lot of time to cure.
- Applying onion slices over the burn is also very effective in treating the burns.
- Apply honey on the burned skin; it will speed up the healing procedure.
- To prevent the scars that arise at the place of burnt skin, apply egg white over the burnt skin.
- For minimal burns applying yogurt on the burnt skin will also give soothing effect.
- Apply the toothpaste over the skin that has got burned while cooking. Applying potato slices over the injury will also give relief form pain.
- To prevent the blisters from forming, apply mustard oil with pinch of salt over the burned skin.
- Make paste of soybean and apply it over the injured skin parts. You can do this in latter stage also when the dead cells starts falling down form the skin.
- Pumpkin seed oil , olive oil and sunflower oil all these three oils can be mixed together and applied on the burned skin will prevent the blisters.
- As the burn injury is about to heal, your skin becomes very dry and the dead cells start falling down. During these days apply papaya over the skin; this will give relief for the itching too.