Chickenpox Home Remedies
Chicken pox generally happens to kids in the age group of five to nine. It is highly contagious disease. There are various symptoms of this disease like loss of appetite, headache, rashes on the chest and back, fever and weakness. Within about two to three weeks all the blisters get removed form the skin and then the skin once again becomes like before. There are various vaccines available today, which are preventing the chicken pox form happening.
Home remedies for Chickenpox:
- To get rid from the itching caused due to the rashes of chicken pox, having bath with oatmeal is very good idea. Take two liter water and add two cups of oats into it and cook it for about fifteen minutes. Put the cooked mixture in a cotton bag and tie the back properly so that the mixture will not fall form the bag. Dip this bag in the bathtub and allow your kid to have bath in this water. It is one of the very effective home remedies for chickenpox .
- You can also add half cup of brown vinegar in bathtub water and have bath. This method is also effective in reducing the irritation of the skin.
- Lemon juice is very good in chicken pox but you can also give vegetable juice and other fruit juices.
- Neem leaves are also good in relieving the itching of the rashes. Add neem leaves in the warm water and have bath with this water.
- Add baking soda in one glass of lukewarm water and sponge your body and allow the mixture to dry on the body.
- Add half cup of apple cider vinegar to bathtub filled with warm water and have bath.
- Apply vitamin E oil over the rashes once the rashes become dry.
- Carrots are also very effective in chicken pox. Eat boiled carrots and boiled coriander for getting relief from the weakness caused by chicken pox. You can also prepare a soup combining carrots and coriander.
- Prepare tea form basil, marigold and chamomile, and then add honey, lemon or cinnamon to it. Drink this tea many times throughout the day.
- Cook green peas in pressure and use that water to clean the body part that has got rashes.
- Apply any talcum powder if the itching is unbearable but don't scratch the rashes with nails. For these purposes trim your nails very short during the time you have chicken pox.
- Applying honey over the rashes is also very good for healing the rashes fast and curing chickenpox. One of the very effective home remedies for chickenpox is to apply lots of honey over the rashes.
- Your diet should be proper too with lots of vegetables and fruits. Avoid spicy and oily food as this may aggravate the situation and prolong the duration of chickenpox.
- You will also need to stay away from the crowd. For this purpose take proper bed rest. Keep your vessels and clothes separate so that the disease doesn't spread to other members of your family.