Cholera Home Remedies
Cholera is among one of the serious infections of intestine. In cholera the lower part of the small bowel gets infections and this is mostly seen during raining season. This disease is mainly seen among kids belonging to places like South East, India and Mid East Asia. The kids in the age group of one year to three years are the main targets of cholera disease. It is life-threatening disease, due to the heavy fluid loss that happens during this disease and hence the patient should get urgent medical help. Though there are some home remedies for cholera that will prove effective in fighting with the cholera bacteria
Home remedies for Cholera:
- Limejuice - This juice should be given to the patient daily. The limejuice will keep the body well hydrated and also kill the cholera bacilli, which is the root cause of cholera.
- Bitter Gourd Juice - Add half glass of onion juice to half glass of bitter gourd juice and put few drops of lemon juice in it. Drinking this mixture of juices is also effective way to treating the cholera.
- Mint Juice - Drinking mint juice on a daily basis will provide relief from the symptoms of cholera, like vomiting and nausea.
- Onion Juice - Grind some onions with seven black peppers and prepare an infusion form it. Consume it two to three times in a day.
- Cloves - Boil drinking water by putting some cloves in it. Always drink this boiled water and follow this remedy during the rainy season every year.
- Coconut Water - Cholera patients always feel thirsty and for this reason it is best to give them coconut water whenever they want water. You can also mix coconut water with juice prepared from cucumber leaves.
- Onion and Lemon - Both onion and lemon are good for cholera patients and hence you can either include these two while preparing food or make a juice of these two and give it to the patient.
- Asfoetida - Add powder of asfoetida to a cup of onion juice and take this drink on a daily a basis.
- Clove Oil - To improve the poor conditions of the immune system, add some sugar in clove oil and have it at least once in a day.
- Buttermilk - Take one glass of buttermilk and add one teaspoon of cumin seeds powder and some rock slat. Drinking this glass of buttermilk is one of the very effective home remedies for cholera .
- Avoid Junk Food - During rainy season at least take care not to it outside food. Advice your kids not to eat any outside oily stuff or not to drink outside water. This will prevent the cholera disease form happening.
- Rice Water - In case of diarrhea, which is the most common thing to happen during cholera, drinking one bowl of rice water is very good.
- Eat Yogurt - Eating yogurt with every meal has plenty of benefits and is also very effective in cholera.
- Diet should be Light - The food of the cholera patient should be very light so that it doesn't put extra pressure on the already infected intestine.