Cold Sores Home Remedies
Cold sores can happen to anyone at any age. The cold sores generally occur on the lips and the surrounding skin. Rarely on can also have the cold sores on gums and nose. Cold sores are invisible but you can feel the pain caused by them. In cold sores few blisters appear on the affected parts compared to canker sores. The tingling and the itching associated with cold sores of the blisters remains for about a week. There are various medicines available over the counter but if you don't want to wait for going out and buying them then there are several home remedies for cold sores .
Home remedies for Cold Sores:
- First and foremost make sure that you replace your toothbrush after every six months or before that. Your toothbrush can be responsible for causing cold sores, as the herpes virus can grow if the toothbrush is kept in moist surrounding. For this reason make sure that you keep your toothbrush in dry place and not in bathroom.
- In case you get multiple sores after every few months then make sure that you change your brush right away.
- After every hour keep tea bags over the cold sores for about ten to fifteen minutes, as this will give relief from the pain caused by cold sores.
- To get the relief from the itching caused by cold sores, applying ice cubes on the cold sores for about ten minutes is one of the very effective home remedies for cold sores .
- Mix 3ml of carbolic acid in 100 ml of coconut oil and apply this mixture on the cold sores three times in a day.
- It goes without saying that you will need to avoid salty and oily food for the time being till all your blisters disappear.
- Also avoid peanuts, peas, chocolates, whole-wheat products from your diet, as they are rich in arginine, which can increase the cold sores.
- Coffee, tea and smoking should be avoided for about one month. This will be good for the cold sores to heal completely.
- Tea tree oil should be applied on the cold sores for healing the blisters fast.
- Camphor spirit is also very effective cure for cold sores.
- Collect fresh neem leaves and apply its paste on the cold sores. Neem is very effective and has medicinal properties to heal the cold sores.
- Avoid squeezing the blisters or else the blisters will start bleeding and then you will find it difficult to eat anything.
- After touching the blisters wash your hands properly. Without washing the hands don't touch your eyes or genital areas.
- Add some salt in water and boil it for sometime. Then allow it cool for some time and then gargle with this salt water .
- One more important thing is, you should not touch the cold sores often, as this will increase the pain. For this reason divert your mind in some other work. Ignore your blisters and invest your time in exercising or Yoga.