Colitis Home Remedies
Colitis affects the lower part of the colon and the person having this condition has pains in the abdomen, fever, nausea, blood stained stools, loss of appetite, increased bowels and weakness. The person having this condition looses weight fast and may suffer from diarrhea for more than a year. You can either take medicines from your doctor or try home remedies for colitis .
Home remedies for colitis:
- Prepare buttermilk by churning curd and drink it after taking lunch. Buttermilk is very effective in speeding the digestion procedure and thus prevents colitis form occurring.
- After every meal make sure to eat one or two ripe bananas . Bananas are easy to digest fruit and increasing the chances of healing from colitis. Eating bananas is one of the very effective home remedies for colitis .
- Prepare a juice from the leaves of drumsticks. Take one glass of coconut water and add one teaspoon of drumsticks juice and one-teaspoon honey into it. Drink this water three times in a day, as it is very helpful in the treatment of colitis.
- Eating apples will also cure the colitis fast. You can also steam the apples and eat them for better and fast results.
- Drinking the coconut water is also very effective treatment for colitis.
- The juice prepared from the wheat grass is also very useful remedy for colitis, as it detoxifies the body and also helps in diarrhea.
- Rice is also good in colitis, as it is can be easily digested by the body. You can also mix one ripe banana in the rice and eat it two times in a day.
- It goes without mentioning that you should avoid oily, salty and junk food till the time your body is revered completely from the colitis. Your food should be simple with lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits. Eat lots of healthy vegetable soups and salads.
- You can also go on a liquid diet for three days. For these three days drink only papaya juice, carrot juice and raw cabbage juice. After this from the fourth day onwards, you can eat your regular homemade food.
- During colitis the acidity level of the body is very high and hence you should stay away from drinking citrus juices.
- Make little use of oil, ghee while cooking your food. As far as possible use boiled vegetables and steamed rice. For breakfast you can eat porridge or eggs with whole bread instead of eating anything oily.
- Stay away from eating chocolates and drinking alcohol, as this will not give relief from the symptoms of colitis and make the situation out of control.
- To reduce the inflammation of the colon, you can also eat cabbage or have cabbage juice.
- Avoid eating non-vegetarian food when you have colitis, as non-vegetarian food is hard to digest.
- Avoid chilies while preparing the food or the inflammation of the colon will increase. For the same reason avoid spicy food and stick to boiled vegetables and fruit juices.