Common Fever Home Remedies
When anybody has a temperature above 37.5 degree C that is above 99.5 degree F, then it is said that the person has fever. Fever can be caused due to various reasons and hence there is no one particular reason for it. Fever is the condition, which can happen to anyone at anytime and any number of times. For this reason it is also called as common fever. The person suffering with common fever has increased body temperature, headache, shivering, pain in legs and back and also has increased sweating. The common fever can be treated at home with several home remedies for common fever . But in case there is no rest for a long time then it is better to call the doctor without delaying further.
Home remedies for Common Fever
- Fenugreek seeds: Tea prepared from fenugreek seeds is very effective in lowering the body temperature. For this reason take tea prepared form fenugreek seeds almost twice in a day. For making this tea take about half liter water in one vessel and add fresh fenugreek seeds into it. Boil it together for some time and then strain it.
- Grapefruits: Add half glass of water into half glass of grapefruit juice and drink this solution twice in a day. Grapefruit juice is very effective in bringing the fever down. During fever the person feels thirsty more often. Hence instead of drinking only water the grapefruit juice and water mixture should be given to the patient. This will not make the patient thirsty often.
- Apricots: In fever the energy of the body also becomes low and the patient feels weak. For this reason prepare one cup juice of apricots and add little honey into it. Drink this juice of apricots for getting double source of energy. Apricots are rich in various vitamins and minerals, so eating apricots on a daily basis will make sure that you don't fall sick often.
- Oranges: Oranges provide energy to the body and during common fever body needs lot of energy. For this reason eat oranges and also drink orange juice at least two to three times in a day. Orange juice will also increase the resistance power of the body to fight against the fever.
- Holy Basil Leaves: Boil fresh leaves of holy basil in about half liter of water and prepare a decoction form it. Add sugar and pinch of cardamom powder into it. Have this decoction twice in a day with milk. Out of all other home remedies for common fever this one is the very effective one. This remedy helps in reducing the body temperature fast.
- Raisins: Soak raisins in water overnight and then next day morning crush the raisins in the same water and strain this solution. Drinking this water is highly beneficial in common fever. If you don't like the taste of this water then you can add lemon juice in it. Drinking this water two times in a day will bring the fever down soon.
- Saffron: Keep one cup of water for boiling and add half-teaspoon saffron into it. Take one teaspoon of this solution after every one-hour. Repeat this procedure till the body temperature becomes normal.