Conjunctivitis - Pink Eye Home Remedies
Conjunctivitis is caused due to various facts like viruses, bacteria, and allergies to different chemical agents. It is contagious condition and spreads easily. In this the eye of the affected person becomes pinkish red and hence it is also called as pink eye condition. In this condition the eyes gets affected and discharge clear or yellowish watery substance. There are various home remedies for conjunctivitis - pink eye but in case within a week the pink eye doesn't get normal then it is better to consult the doctor.
Home remedies for Conjunctivitis - Pink Eye:
- After you get conjunctivitis it s better to follow a complete fruit based diet plan for one entire week. Make sure to eat lots of seasonal fruits along drinking fruit juices. If you cannot follow this diet for more than four days then you can go back to your normal diet.
- Among the fruits avoid banana , as it will slow down the procedure of healing.
- Your regular diet should also include fresh leafy vegetables along with fruits. Whole-wheat bread, vegetable salads, nuts are also some of the healthier options for you.
- Avoid eating anything to satisfy your taste buds. Food items like puddings, meats, oily foods, deserts and beverages like coffee and tea should also be taken in limited quantity, in case you find it difficult to manage without these beverages.
- Parsley, carrots and spinach are very effective in the treatment of conjunctivitis. You can drink juices made from these vegetables as it is or by mixing them with one another. Mix 200 ml spinach juice to 300 ml of carrot juice and drink it. You can also mix parsley juice instead of spinach juice in the carrot juice. Vegetable juices are one of the most effective home remedies for conjunctivitis - pink eye .
- Juice of Indian gooseberry with one teaspoon of honey in it has proved beneficial for many in the treatment of conjunctivitis.
- Washing your eye is also very big task in conjunctivitis. For this you can prepare eyewash using dry coriander . For making the eyewash put one cup of dry coriander in half-liter water. Rinsing your eye with this water solution with reduce the swelling of the eye and also give relief from the pain.
- You should consume Vitamin A rich food when you have conjunctivitis. Yogurt, butter, tomatoes, carrots, pumpkin, papaya, milk and almonds all these food items are rich source of vitamin A and Vitamin B2 .
- You can also prepare another eyewash by mixing some boric acid powder in warm water. Wash your eyes with this solution early in the morning and then again in the evening.
- As this condition spreads very fast, make sure that you always wear goggles when you go out of the house or when you are in someone else's company. This way conjunctivitis will not spread among your family and friends.
- Don't rub your eyes; instead clean the dirt with cotton balls. Wash your eyes more than often to keep them clean.
- After getting up from sleep, you might find it difficult to open the infected eye. For this don't pull your eye instead wash it gently and try to open it slowly.