Home Remedies For Diaper Rash
Diaper rash is not a new word and almost all know about it. It is a common problem that arises in babies. It is also a type of inflammation of the skin. It is caused due to diapers. As the area inside the diaper is warm and moist, many bacteria starts growing in the bottom of the baby and this results in diaper rashes. It can be also due to the allergy of the baby's skin to the diapers. If the diapers are not changed from time to time, the problem of diaper rashes can increase without limit. It is also necessary to keep baby diaper free for some time of the day, so that the bottom of the baby gets fresh air.
There are home remedies for diaper rash that can give relief from the inflammation of the skin. But it is better to know how one can prevent getting diaper rashes.
Preventing Diaper Rashes:
- Check your babies diaper every 10 minutes and if it is wet, then change it. Keep the area well dried so that the bacteria will not grow.
- If you doubt that particular diaper is not suitable for your baby's skin, then go for another brand of diapers.
- In case you use cloth diapers, then don’t wash them with strong detergent powders. Use mild detergent powder and use warm water to wash these clothes.
- When the baby makes the diaper dirty, remove it quickly or the acid in the baby's bowel movement will irritate the baby's skin.
- Use lots of baby powder in the area where you tie diaper. This will make sure that the baby feels fresh and stays happy.
Home Remedies for Diaper Rash:
- Put some oatmeal in the tub water in which you will give bath to your baby. Keep the bottom of your baby in this water and allow the baby to sit in the tub for some time.
- Aloe Vera gel is also effective in treating the diaper rashes. While giving bath to your baby, you can apply some fresh aloe Vera gel over the bottom of the baby.
- Add baking soda in the bath water and give bath to your baby with this water. You can add one teaspoon of baking soda in one bucketful of water and give bath to your baby with this water.
- To wash the cloth diapers, you can add some vinegar in the water. Wash the diapers in this water.
- Mix water and olive oil in equal amounts and apply this mixture on the diaper rashes. The oil will get absorbed in the body and will heal the diaper rashes fast. This is one of the very effective home remedies for diaper rash.
- Cod liver oil is also effective in the treatment of diaper rashes. You can apply the cod liver oil directly on the diaper rashes.
- Apply some vegetable oil on the diaper rashes and keep the area uncovered for some time. This will help in reducing the further growth of bacteria.
Read about Baby Care Products