Home Remedies For Dry Lips
The main reason for having dry lips is the loss of moisture from the lips. Dry lips lead to chapped and painful lips. During winter season the problem of dry lips is more commonly seen in almost all people, due to the cold winds. It is also very commonly found in young children, as they lick their lips more than often. Sometimes the cracked lips also have some bleeding. It also becomes difficult to eat or drink when you have dry lips.
If taken proper care at home, the dry lips condition can be prevented. There are various home remedies for dry lips. These remedies are effective in making the lips soft and moist.
Home remedies for Dry Lips:
- Collect some rose petals and wash them. After this soak them in raw milk for about two hours. Then mash these rose petals in milk and make a paste out of it. Applying this paste on the dry lips is very effective way to cure dry lips.
- To treat the dry and chapped lips, apply cucumber juice over the lips and after about 20 minutes wash it off. You can also rub a cucumber slice over the chapped and dry lips.
- Dry lips are caused due to loss of moisture and that is why you should drink plenty of water. Eight to ten glasses per day is the key to have well functioning body and also having a glowing skin. Before going to bed drink at least one glass of water. Start your day with drinking one glass or two glass of water. This will also help your body to throw the waste and toxins from the body.
- Applying ghee or butter on the dry lips is also one of the very old home remedies for dry lips. Put one or two drops of ghee into the naval will also help in making the lips soft and pink.
- Applying petroleum jelly over the dry lips is also effective cure for dry lips. Or you can also apply any lip balm to keep the lips well protected. Applying these before going to bed will keep the lips well nourished all through the night.
- To cure the cracked lips, apply the juice of neem leaves over the lips.
- Apply some fresh aloe Vera gel on the dry lips for getting fast relief form the pain caused by cracked lips. Best treatment for dry lips.
- To remove the dead skin from the dry lips, apply some fresh milk cream on the lips.
- Applying the paste of glycerin and honey on the lips before going to bed in the night will give soft lips. It is very effective home remedy for dry lips.
- You can also apply castor oil on the lips to get rid from dry lips.
- Eating lots of green vegetables and different kinds of fruits will give your body well nourishment. Tomatoes, whole grains and carrots are also rich source of vitamin A, which is much needed to keep the moisturizer intact in the body. Include these fruits and vegetables in your food.
Read about Lip Makeup