Home Remedies for Edema
Edema can be caused due to various reasons like torn ligaments, injury, and poor blood circulation, too much exertion by standing or waling for ling time or due to some allergy. It can happen to anyone and without any pre-indication the affected person will have swollen eyes, swollen foot, swollen toe, swollen nose or any part of the body will get swelling. This condition is also called as edema. This condition happens mostly in the lower part of the body. This condition is not that serious, it just gives a sign that something is wrong or going wrong in your body.
There are home remedies for edema and are very effective in reducing the swelling too but in case there is no relief in the itching or the pain then without delaying consult your doctor.
Home remedies for Edema:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Applying apple cider vinegar over the swelling will help in reducing the swelling and will also give relief form the itching.
- Mustard Seeds: Soak mustard seeds in water for about half an hour. Then apply this water on the swelling. This remedy is mainly useful to cure the swelling of the face.
- Mustard Oil: Make mustard oil a little warm and apply it on the swelling caused by edema. It is better if you will massage the area with this oil.
- Diet: Edema is caused due to water retention in the body and hence avoid salt intake. Completely avoid putting salt in your food till the time you fully recover. Avoid eating packaged food, as it has too much salt in it.
- Flax Seed Oil: Flax seed oil is very effective in the treatment of facial edema. You can sprinkle this oil on your food before eating it. This is one of the very useful home remedies for edema.
- Reduce Carbohydrates: Your carbohydrate intake per day should also be bought in control, as carbohydrates are rich in water content. Include protein rich and fat rich food in your diet.
- Exercising: Make exercising a part of your daily routine. This will keep all your body parts well in function. The morning walks are also effective, as it will give you fresh air.
- Avoid Smoking and Drinking: smoking is injurious for health, so avoid it completely. Drinking alcohol should also be avoided as far as possible.
- Avoid vegetables and Fruits: Vegetables and fruits are rich in water content, so reduce the intake of vegetables and fruits till you get recovered form edema.
- Potato and Cucumber: Keep cucumber slice on the swelling of the foot and then keep potato slice on the cucumber slice and tie the foot with a cloth. This will reduce the swelling.
These are the home remedies, which will give sure relief if you have got edema. But apart form this make sure that you keep you body active. Sitting at one place for too long time or standing for long times should be avoided. Take constant breaks form your work, even if for five minutes.
Read about Arjuna Herbs