Home Remedies For Gerd
Gerd means Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, which simply means a condition that is much similar to having heartburns. But gerd can be a little more serious than heartburns, as it may lead the patient to having a cancer of esophageal. Those who suffer from gerd may have heartburn or may not have. But some of the common symptoms of gerd are chest pains, coughing, wheezing, sleep disorders, and bad breath, chocking feeling in throat, and having bitter taste in the mouth.
There can be various reasons for having gerd. Out of many causes some of the very prominent ones are:
- Eating oily and salty stuff more than often
- Eating too much too fast
- Eating before going to bed
- During Pregnancy – change of hormones
There are home remedies for gerd that gives completely relief form the symptoms of gerd. But in case you seem to respond to none of the remedies then it is better to show your doctor than wasting the time.
Home remedies for Gerd:
- Drinking aloe Vera juice is very effective, as it helps in healing the intestinal tract.
- Drinking Chamomile tea will also give relief form the irritation of the esophageal.
- Papaya is very effective in reducing the heartburns. If you are having heartburns then eating papaya will give fast relief from it.
- Take two potatoes and wash them neatly. Without peeling them put them in mixer grinder and make juice of raw potatoes. To make the taste better, you can add some other juice into it. This is one of the very effective home remedies for gerd.
- As soon as the heartburns start, drink plenty of water. This will help to keep the acid level in the body under control and will give relief from heartburn.
- You can also drink chilled milk after every two hours on the onset of heartburns.
- Eating ginger slices dipped in honey will also help in treating the heartburns.
- Add some cumin seeds into water and drink this water, as this water will prevent the gases from existing.
- Cloves, almonds and lemon are also effective in the treatment of gerd. Eat one cup of vanilla ice cream to get fast relief form heartburns.
- As smoking and drinking alcohol can cause gerd, avoid smoking and drinking. Say no to spicy and oily food. Your diet should be very simple with lots of vegetables and fruits. Vegetable soups and salads should also be part of your everyday meal. Avoid onion, garlic, citrus food, tomato sauce, as it can aggravate the symptoms of gerd.
- If your stomach is upset, then eating one banana will make you feel much better. This remedy is also effective in case you are having diarrhea.
- Almonds are very effective in the treatment of gerd. Soak few almonds in water for overnight and next morning eat them by removing the peel. You can also eat the almonds as it is. one of the extremely effective home remedies for gerd.
- Eat one apple after every meal, as this will make the digestion of the food happen fast. Thus will avoid acid formation from taking place.