Home Remedies For Gingivitis
Bad oral hygiene is responsible for causing gingivitis, which is also called as bleeding gums. In gingivitis the patient suffers from inflammation of the gums, which slowly affects the tooth and he or she can also suffer from tooth loss. Hence gingivitis should not be neglected and should be treated before situation gets worse.
In the early stage of gingivitis has no prominent symptoms and hence the people having this condition tend to be ignorant of their condition for long time. There are home remedies for gingivitis that assure that you don’t get this condition and also cure gingivitis, in case you already have it.
Home remedies for Gingivitis:
- To prevent gingivitis from occurring make sure that you maintain a clean oral hygiene. For this use good herbal toothpaste and herbal mouthwash. After every eating don’t forget to gargle and clean your mouth.
- To remove the infections of mouth and teeth, make sure that you use toothpaste that contains neem, babool, holy basil and mint. Such toothpastes will also reduce the inflammation of the gums and thus give relief form the painful gums.
- One of the very effective and tried by most people kind of home remedies for gingivitis is to rub clove oil on the painful gums. Clove oil will burn but it is very effective in reducing the pain. You can also chew on clove in your mouth.
- Avoid eating food when it is too hot or too cold. Also avoid eating oily and spicy food, as this will increase the inflammation of the gums.
- Gargling with lukewarm salt water will also be helpful in disinfect the mouth. Gargle with salt water at least two times in a day for getting good results.
- Your diet should contain low saturated fats and hence include lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits in your menu.
- Those who have vitamin C deficiency are more prone to having gingivitis, hence make sure that your intake of vitamin C is more. Best home remedies for gingivitis.
- Eating chocolates, sugar, soft drinks and white flour should be avoided or either you should take them in fewer amounts.
- Add few drops of hydrogen peroxide in water and use this water for gargling.
- Calcium is also very important for having strong teeth. Hence make sure that your food gives you maximum amount of calcium.
- Say no to smoking and start living healthy life, as smoking will add to the inflammation of the gums and make the situation go out of control.
- Take some aloe Vera pulp and rub it on the painful gums. This will give relief from the inflammation of the gums.
- Add pinch of baking soda to one cup of water and with the help of your fingers rub this water on the painful gums.
- Once in a year go for overall dental check up. Don’t avoid dentist visits once you reach the age of thirty.
- Try to store your toothbrush in dry places and not in your bathroom. Use new toothbrush after every two to three months.
Natural Remedies for Bad Breath. Gingivitis and Gum Problems