Home remedies For Goiter
Goiter is a disease of thyroid gland and it appears as a swelling at the back of neck. This happens due to the deficiency of iodine in the diet. The size of this swelling can be of different size in different patients. Along with the swelling of the thyroid gland one may also experience mood swings, depression, irritation, emotional outbursts and lack of concentration. If the swelling is very big, then the patient will find it hard to swallow the food and even breathing will be a problem. There are home remedies for goiter, which can give relief form the swelling and the pain caused by goiter.
Home remedies for Goiter:
- Doing neck stretches and other such exercises will help in stretching the neck muscles that are attached to the thyroid gland. You can also consider aerobics and jogging as some other form of exercising to treat goiter.
- The leaves of dandelion are also effective in reducing the swelling caused by goiter. For this put dandelion leaves in some ghee and make it little warm. Applying these leaves over the swelling will reduce the swelling. Doing this on a daily basis for about two weeks will cure goiter.
- In order to get rid from the thyroid problems have cool shower bath twice in a day.
- To treat goiter, you can also take tea almonds with one teaspoon of juice made from cabbage leaves.
- Your food should rich in iron for this include citrus fruits, egg yolk, strawberries, guavas, whole rice, onion, tomatoes, garlic, carrots, lettuce, seafood and oats in your diet.
- Instead of eating two to three large meals in a day, choose eating five to six smaller meals throughout the day, this will also ensure that you have better digestion of food that you are eating.
- Pineapple is also very effective in curing the goiter. You can also drink pineapple juice on a daily basis for controlling all your thyroid related problems.
- Make the paste of sorrel leaves by adding some olive oil in it. Apply this paste over the goiter. It is believed to be one of the best home remedies for goiter.
- As shortage of iodine is responsible for causing goiter, you should eat food items like carrots, garlic and salt, as these are high in iodine.
- Seeds of flex are also effective in the treatment of goiter. Make paste of these seeds by adding some water into it. Make this paste warm and apply it over the goiter to get relief form the swelling.
- Applying the paste made from watercress is also effective in treating goiter.
- Your diet should contain more food groups that are rich source of vitamin A. Vitamin A is effective in treating the iodine deficiency.
- In case your infant has goiter, then mother's milk is the best option for curing it.
- Bananas and oats are also very effective in stimulating the thyroid.
- You can also consider fasting for three days with having only vegetable and fruit juices. From the fourth day onwards, start eating regular food.
Read about Brahmi Herb