Home remedies for Gout
Gout is one form of arthritis and it means inflammation of the joints. This happens in those who have arthritis and in 100 patients of arthritis only five are found to be having gout. It is caused due to the accumulation of excess of uric acid in blood, which the kidneys find difficult to remove from the blood. This disease mainly happens to men. Big toe is one common area of the body where such gout appears. Once it appears it lasts for about two weeks. The gout can also develop in heels, ankles, knees, fingers, wrists and elbows. There are home remedies for gout and it can be healed pretty fast with the help of them.
There is no pre-indication that gout will arise, one fine day when you get up, you may find that you have gout. The gouts are very painful. There are various reasons for having gout. Due to some injury to joints, due to drinking too much alcohol, due to dieting, due to overeating, post some big therapy or surgery and due to stress, are some of the common reasons for getting gout.
Home remedies for Gout:
- To reduce the pain caused by gouts, apply ice over the affected body part. Ice will make the part numb and will also reduce the pain. This will also reduce the swelling in the joints. Do this remedy often as within ten to fifteen minutes of trying it the pain will be back.
- Try to move the painful joint, this will increase the blood circulation in this area, thus give some relief form the inflammation of the joints.
- If you have got gout on big toe then put your feet in Epsom salt. Epsom salt is very effective in reducing the pain. Epsom salt is very good source of magnesium which is very useful in reducing the aching. Hence many old people still soak their feet in Epsom salt once in a while. This is one of the very effective home remedies for gout.
- The fruits that are rich in vitamin C like, strawberries and food items that are rich source of magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc like, nuts, grains and seeds are also helpful as they neutralize the uric acid and thus assure fast recovery form gouts.
- Cherries are also very effective in neutralizing the uric acid. You can also have cherry juice every day, as this will cure the gouts fast.
- Increase the intake of tomatoes, green vegetables and fruits that are rich source of vitamin C.
- Drink plenty of water, as this will also help kidneys in diluting the uric acid accumulated in blood.
- Keep yourself active by doing exercises or Yoga. Go for daily walks and there is no better option for good health than jogging. Whatever form of being active you like, you can follow that. As all these things will make your joints strong and also make help kidney to perform better.
- Apple cider vinegar should be added to equal amount of organic honey and taken two times in a day. Doing this in the initial few days of having gout will give fast recovery form gout. One of the extremely effective home remedies for gout