Home Remedies For Halitosis
In simple words halitosis means bad breathe. It is very common condition and almost all of us are prone to get this condition. It is also socially embarrassing to have bad breath. There are many in this world that have halitosis but are unaware of it. Bad breath is a sign that your gums are diseased or there is some dental decay at the root of your teeth. Bad breath also results form the growth of germs in teeth and gums. There are home remedies for halitosis and are equally effective in giving you fresh breath.
Home remedies for Halitosis:
- Avocado: Eat lots of avocados as they can remove the bad breath very effectively. The other over the counter drugs are also not as effective as avocado.
- Fenugreek: Prepare tea form the seeds of fenugreek and have this two times in a day. To prepare this tea in half liter water add one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and keep it on low flame and allow it to boil for ten to fifteen minutes. Strain this solution and drink it. The bad breath will be a history for you.
- Fruit Juices and Vegetable Juices: Fruit juices and vegetable juices are also effective in the treatment of halitosis. Try to make juices from seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Guava: Eating raw guava fruit is also very effective in halitosis. Chewing the raw guava fruit will be like an exercise for teeth and gums.
- Guava Leaves: You can also chew the tender leaves of guava, as it is very effective in treating bleeding gums. This is one of the very useful home remedies for halitosis.
- Parsley: Cut fresh parsley and add it to two cups of water. Add two whole cloves into it. Allow this mixture to boil for some time. Allow it to cool and strain it. You can use this solution as a mouthwash.
- Diet: Avoid eating eggs and white bread. You food should include lots of green vegetables and fresh fruits. Nuts, seeds and whole grains are also effective in treating halitosis.
- Cardamom: Eat one green cardamom after every meal, this will keep your breath fresh and prevent growth of germs. In a way cardamom acts like a mouth freshener. One of the very helpful home remedies for halitosis
- Brush your teeth: You should brush your teeth at least twice. Once after getting up form sleep and once again in the night before going to bed. Night brushing should not be avoided or else during night the germs will grow beyond control.
- In case you are not finding any relief from halitosis, then change your toothpaste. Keep your toothbrush in dry place. Change toothbrush after every three months.
- Avoid eating tobacco and also avoid smoking. These two things are very unhygienic for overall mouth and teeth.
- Add pinch of baking soda in water and use this solution to do gargling.
In short the bad breath problem is not much serious, if treated in its early stage. But many people are not aware about having bad breath. To check whether you have bad breath or not, cover your mouth with your palms and check your breath. Bad breath can be easily found out as it has foul smell.