Home Remedies For Head Lice
Mostly it is believed that head lice gets transmitted form one child to other when their heads come in close contact with each other. The head louse stay on the head of the affected person and grows in number. Head lice affected person then feel the constant need to scratch his or her head. It is said if anyone in the family has them, then soon all the family members will get them too. One single female louse can give en eggs each day. This shows how fast the lice can grow on human head. You can remove them one by one, which is difficult like anything. Hence many affected people like to try home remedies for head lice.
Home remedies for Head Lice:
- Change your shampoo and use the one that is made specially to kill head lice.
- After removing the shampoo from the head apply some vinegar on your hair and leave it for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then dry your hair with towel. This way all the nits will get removed.
- One more thing that you can do is to cut your hair very short, so that it becomes impossible for head lice to hide.
- Using nit comb is very effective in removing the head lice. Combing wet hair with nit comb will remove almost all the head lice from your head.
- It is better to clean the house very neatly. Clean the floor and furniture properly. Also change the bed covers and pillow covers often.
- It is must to have a separate comb for each member of the family. Keep your comb and brushes clean.
- Applying the onion juice over the head will also remove the head lice. For this purpose apply onion juice over head and do shampoo after four hours. Follow this remedy two times in a week. This is one of the very effective home remedies for head lice.
- Custard apple along with its seed should be grinded together to make fine paste. Apply this paste on the head and keep it overnight. Cover the head with some cloth. Next day morning shampoo your hair. This remedy is also effective treatment for dandruff.
- Applying tea tree oil over the head is also effective in removing the head lice. Apply oil and keep it overnight for better result in removing the lice.
- Apply mayonnaise oil on the head and keep it for two hours, then wash it off.
- Mixture of water and vinegar should be applied on head and keep overnight. Then wash it off. Do this remedy twice in a week.
- Add few drops of baby oil in vinegar and apply on head, keep for one hour and then shampoo your head.
- Take one bowl of butter and put few drops of lemon juice in it. Apply on the head and keep for about twenty minutes and then wash it off. One of the extremely effective home remedies for head lice.
- Mash an apple and apply it to the head. Do head massage and wash it off after half an hour.
- Paste of garlic and lemon juice should be applied to head for getting rid of head lice.