Home Remedies For Hiccups
Almost all are familiar with hiccups and we all know that it is not a dangerous condition at all. Hiccups are caused due to involuntary contractions in the diaphragm. Diaphragm helps in breathing as its muscles separate the chest and the stomach. When something happens to the diaphragm the breathing happens with a strange sound, which we all know as hiccups.
Hiccups occur due to various reasons like eating very fast, eating too hot food, eating too much spicy food, stuffing your mouth with lots of food and some stomach disorders. Kidney problems or lung problems can also be the reason behind getting continue hiccups. You can easily get rid from hiccups by trying various home remedies for hiccups.
Home remedies for Hiccups:
- First and very important avoid eating oily food and spicy food, as this will increase your hiccups. Try to eat simple home cooked food.
- Your diet should include green vegetables and fresh fruits. The food should be such that it will get digested fast. Thus it will not put extra burden on the diaphragm.
- To stop hiccups, swallow one teaspoon of sugar. This is very effective remedy out of all other home remedies for hiccups.
- Simple gargling with water has also proved beneficial in stopping hiccups.
- Drink plenty of water to stop your hiccups.
- Hold one small piece of ginger between your teeth, keep it chewing for some time and then eat it. Ginger is effective in curing the hiccups.
- One more granny time's remedy for stopping hiccups is to hold your breath for some time.
- Keep your ears closed by putting your finger in it. At the same time drink water with the help of a straw. It will give instant relief form hiccups.
- Practice deep breathing for some time, this will stop the hiccups.
- In case you are getting hiccups due to indigestion of food, then first try home remedies to cure indigestion.
- Eating peanut butter will also give relief from hiccups.
- Add pinch of salt to one bowl of curd and have it.
- Sometimes just ignoring the hiccups will give desired results. If you will not think about hiccups, then within minutes you will get relief from it.
- It is good for health to eat yogurt on a daily basis. This will also prevent hiccups from happening.
- Place one bag full of ice on your diaphragm.
- Suck one ice cube, as this also cures hiccups.
- Rub a cotton ball over your throat it will make you feel better. Move the same cotton ball over your chest also.
- In lukewarm water add some cardamom powder and strain this mixture. Drinking this water will also stop hiccups.
- In little ghee ad mustard seeds and swallow this mixture. This remedy has also worked well for many people.
- Drink one teaspoon of vinegar to get quick relief from hiccups. One more way to deal with hiccups is to laugh for some time. This way the diaphragm will get some relief.