Home Remedies For Indigestion
Due to changed lifestyles most of us get indigestion some time or other in our lives. Indigestion is a condition in which the food that we have ate doesn't get digested properly. The reasons behind indigestion can be many. Some of the common causes of indigestion are poor eating habits, stress, lack of exercising, smoking, alcohol, high fat diet, peptic ulcer, gallstones, esophagitis, etc.
The symptoms of indigestion are stomachaches, diarrhea, constipation and stomach cramps. Many times it is in our hands to avoid getting indigestion by living a disciplined life. There are home remedies for indigestion that are also effective rather than trying over the counter medicines.
Home remedies for Indigestion:
- The mixture of garlic oil and Soya oil is very effective in reducing the stomach pain. It also gives instant relief form indigestion. Mix garlic oil and Soya oil in equal amounts and rub this oil mixture over the abdomen. Allow the oil to get absorbed into the skin.
- Take one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of curry leaf juice. Add some sugar for taste. Have this mixture twice in a day. This is very good remedy and gives relief from stomachache.
- Take one glass of water; add some cumin seeds and coriander leaf juice into it. Mix it nicely with one spoon and add pinch of salt. Drinking this water will give relief form indigestion. Among all other home remedies for indigestion, this one is the easiest and the best.
- Drinking one glass of water with one teaspoon of baking soda in it will reduce the stomach pain and cure indigestion.
- When you have indigestion, then it is better to keep yourself well hydrated. For this purpose drink one glass of water by adding some lemon juice in it. You should drink it at least three times in a day.
- Drink ginger tea, as ginger is effective in curing indigestion. You can also start drinking ginger tea after afternoon lunch, as it will help in digesting the food fast. You can also chew ginger slices in case you are troubled with stomach pain.
- Mint tea and blackberry tea is also effective in the treatment of indigestion.
- Take three cloves, three cardamom, and one teaspoon of ginger and two teaspoon of coriander. Mix this entire things together take it. This will give fast relief from the gas trouble and also help in digestion.
- Avoid oily and greasy food; as such food items are responsible for causing indigestion. So stay away from junk food. Change you lifestyle and give more value to eating healthy and simple food.
- Exercising is very effective in helping your body digest food fast. As much as you will keep your body active, food will get digested fast. If your most of the day goes sitting in front of the computer, then you can go for morning walks or jogging.
- Drinking buttermilk after every meal will also be effective in helping the body digest food fast. Thus it will prevent indigestion problem.