Home Remedies For Influenza
Almost all of us are familiar with the condition called Flu. So this flu is nothing but influenza. As influenza viruses cause flu it is also known as influenza. Influenza mainly affects the upper respiratory tract, throat, nose and lungs. It is highly contagious condition and spreads easily from affected to healthy person. The early symptoms of this condition are chills, fever, headache, and body pain. It also makes the affected person weaker and also causes cold, runny nose and cough. The fever gets cured in three to four days but weakness takes about one weeks time to go.
In case the fever is more then it is better to show the doctor. But you can easily treat flu when its early symptoms like chills and headache starts appearing by trying home remedies for influenza
Home remedies for Influenza:
- Turmeric: In one cup of warm milk add about one teaspoon of turmeric powder and drink it three times in a day. This remedy is very useful to treat influenza and you can safely try this remedy on your kids too, if they are suffering form influenza.
- Onion Juice: It is also beneficial to take onion juice and honey in equal quantities for about one week in the treatment of influenza. Onion juice has medicinal properties and helps the body to fight against the influenza viruses.
- Holy Basil Leaves: Keep half liter water for boiling in a vessel. Add fresh holy basil leaves and slices of ginger into this boiling water and keep on boiling. After some time put off the gas and allow it to cool. Strain it and drink this medicinal tea, which will give quick relief form cold, cough and runny nose. This is one of the most recommended home remedies for influenza.
- Ginger Juice: Take half teaspoon of ginger juice and add two teaspoon of honey and half teaspoon of pepper powder. Mix all these ingredients well and have it three times in a day. This remedy is very beneficial if started at the onset of influenza.
- Diet: Reduce the intake of solid food; instead go for fruit juices and vegetable juices. This will help the immunity system to work well. Avoid too much spicy food and avoid cheese, rice and white flour. Eat warm food and avoid eating stale food or outside food. Avoid red meat and stay away form smoking, alcohol and tobacco.
- Drink Boiled Water: Avoid drinking outside outer. If you have to go out of the house for some work, then carry your home water with you in one bottle. At home also drink only boiled water. This will give fast relief form influenza.
- Avoid Having Bath: Influenza symptoms can become worse if you will take bath. Hence with cold water sponge your body instead of taking regular bath. You can skip taking bath for two to three days. In case your kid has got influenza, then follow this without fail. Or else their cold, cough and runny nose problems will not get cured.