Home Remedies For Injury
Injuries can happen to anyone and can happen at any time. Some injuries are very serious and need immediate medical help while some injuries are minor and can be treated at home with the help of various home remedies for injury. If you will neglect the minor injuries then the wounds may get septic and then there are high chances of infection. Hence minor injuries should also not be neglected and treated as early as possible.
It is not necessary that injuries can happen only when you are outside of the house. Kitchen is a place where maximum injuries happen. Kids are also not spared from minor and major injuries. Due to their playful nature children get all kinds of injuries but their injuries heal also faster. But in adults the injuries take time to heal. Adults mostly suffer from sprains and muscle aches. In any case no injury should be left untreated.
Home remedies for Injury:
- Neem Leaves: Grind about twenty leaves of neem tree and strain it through a cloth and remove the juices by pressing the cloth tightly. Add half teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. Keep one clean cotton cloth in this juice and keep the vessel containing juice for heating. After heating for ten minutes, put off the gas. Then tie this cloth over the injured body part. You can also apply the crushed neem leaves paste directly over the wound before placing a bandage over the wound. Neem leaves have antiseptic properties and are effective in reducing the pain of the injury. This is the most tried home remedy among all the home remedies for injury.
- Onion Juice: Fry some onion slices in ghee and then crush them to make poultice from them. Apply this directly over the injured body part and then tie a clean cotton bandage over it.
- Kerosene: If while doing your kitchen work you accidentally injure your finger and it starts bleeding then kerosene will help you here. To heal the wound tie a piece of cloth dipped in kerosene over the injured finger. Keep on sprinkling kerosene over this cloth so as to keep it moist. The kerosene will stop the bleeding and will also heal the wound fast.
- Holy Basil Leaves: Crush the fresh holy basil leaves and make a poultice from them. Apply this over the injured body part and cover it with bandage. This will cure the injury fast.
- Alum: To stop the bleeding form the injured body part alum is very useful. Crush alum pieces and apply them on the injured part. Barbers mostly use this remedy when they accidentally cause any injury to their customers.
- Betel Leaves: These leaves are very useful in treating the injuries. The paste made from the fresh betel leaves should be applied on the injured body part and then the injured part should be covered with bandage. One clean leaf of betel plant is also effective in healing the injury. Place this one single leaf over the injured finger and tie it with cloth bandage.